Add a booster ?

Lfckopite

Hi I have a set up of 1 cable from white box on wall to a 3 way technetix splitter 1 lead to router 1 to v6 and 1 to H5.2TC with all high grade cable and f connectors. The v6 has got a 90% signal strength on all 6 tuners and router has got a perfect signal. The H5.2TC has got a 80 to 90% signal on some channels and 70% on others which is mostly fine my problem is when I record on any channel and switch tuner the channels which have the 70% signal drop to 68 69 % which causes picture break up and are unwatchable so would a booster help with this or would it make the signal too strong on the channels with 80 90 % and also what is the correct way to add a booster ? Thanks for reading

Mate, what you're linking him to is shite it doesn't even cover the full frequency range vm use.
May as well flush that £16 down the loo.

No need for that simba92 we are all trying to help people out

I see your booster in the for sale section is the vm one with no gain adjustment

I would not recommend yours as too strong a signal is as bad as too weak a signal :)

No need for that simba92 we are all trying to help people out

I see your booster in the for sale section is the vm one with no gain adjustment

I would not recommend yours as too strong a signal is as bad as too weak a signal :)

It's a unifying HDU. Theres no gain no loss with the VM ones, they basically bring your signal levels going to each device to the levels set by VM when they did the original install. So no issue of the signal being too strong or too weak.

Didn't mean to come across rude however, misinformation just causes confusion.

Just a update installed a technetix HDU-400 amplifier solved my problem signal is now spot on :)
hi interested in the HUD 400 what were your signal reading before and after installing the device i have 2 boxes in my property not sure how to install it if i go ahead purchasing one

There are a few different types of HDU, 2 port or 4 port depending on the setup you need. In the home or Outside. All require mains power. The are designed to give back the losses when signal is weak. They are really easy to setup / install

hi interested in the HUD 400 what were your signal reading before and after installing the device i have 2 boxes in my property not sure how to install it if i go ahead purchasing one
More your power levels on VM hub you'd notice the difference on rather than SNR like if sly...

Last edited:
I recently moved my router to another part of the house stupidly I didn't take note of what is meant to go where previously installed by a Vim Engineer it's a hdu 200 can anyone point me in the right direction on the set up a diagram would be helpful

Back