Adding vpn for apple tv

Hi all, bought myself Apple TV and it’s great. Works a treat, Iptv is the best I’ve experienced on any device, my only issue is how I use a vpn with the box, to compound matters I have broadband with bt and can’t change the dns settings with the vpn I have as it runs on ipv6.
Is it worth buying a vpn router and are they simply plug and play, as in plug it into my bt router and then I’m protected? I’m not very tech savvy this way so any help, in thicko terms would be great please.
Cheers

Firstly, why do you need a VPN?

If it’s to avoid possible EPL blocks, then wouldn’t it be easier to use good iptv supplier?

Stop any blocks at all, an no Iptv provider is safe from the blocks no matter what they tell you. I’ve heard it all before m, the whole we don’t get blocked bullshit, then as soon as it’s a ppv boxing weekend or super Sunday weekend it’s block city. It’s cool, I was after friendly advice, not patronisation anyways.

Can't have vpn on apple TV box Short for virtual private network, a VPNservice encrypts all of a device's internet traffic and routes it through an intermediary server in a location of the user's choosing. Unfortunately, Apple TV doesn't support VPN software, butyou can install the VPN on the wifi router that the Apple TV is connected

Thanks baz, but unfortunately with my home hub it’s not a possibility as it runs ipv6 and majority of VPN’s don’t allow you to change the dns settings on the ipv6 router. Pain in the fecking arse, it’s almost as if apple don’t want people to use Iptv haha.
Anyways just ordered the liberty shield vpn router, being delivered tomorrow, plug and play into my bt homehub and take 3 mins to activate apparently.
Anyone interested I got if for £20 off amazon with 14 days free, plus months free trial comes in the box, then 6.99 a month. Not bad really, when you factor in my subby and vpn for the whole house costs me £22 a month compared to sly, full package over £100, plus all the 3pm footy. Happy days!!

Thanks baz, but unfortunately with my home hub it’s not a possibility as it runs ipv6 and majority of VPN’s don’t allow you to change the dns settings on the ipv6 router. Pain in the fecking arse, it’s almost as if apple don’t want people to use Iptv haha.
Anyways just ordered the liberty shield vpn router, being delivered tomorrow, plug and play into my bt homehub and take 3 mins to activate apparently.
Anyone interested I got if for £20 off amazon with 14 days free, plus months free trial comes in the box, then 6.99 a month. Not bad really, when you factor in my subby and vpn for the whole house costs me £22 a month compared to sly, full package over £100, plus all the 3pm footy. Happy days!!
Already have one mate I did a thread on forum about it lol to change server location go online change off dashboard then reboot router and will be on selected server for you Liberty shield vpn router

So just an update. Liberty shield is the way to go, not a single issue all weekend, has barely slowed my internet down (still getting 50mb download) and is just the bollox not having to faff around.

Back