Advice and recommendations wanted

Hi all
Can anyone you recommend a box that has hdd built, an electronic programme guide. Ability to series link and allows you to record one channel whilst viewing another? Does such a box exist? I am currently using a V8S but would like to upgrade to something that can do most of what I'm looking for.

Cheers in advance fellas

Vu+Solo2 will do all that and more....or as an alternative TM-Nano 2 Super - Technomate add a internal HDD and your preferred image, mine is vix and its the same as the solo2 but cheaper, not a clone so official updates too.

the Vu+Solo2appaers to be for the very savvy satellite tech enthusiast..that sounds like it might be be beyond my knowledge. Would you agree or is it easy to master? The TM-Nano 2 sounds very promising though.

When you put vix on them they are all the same....except the Vu boxes, Technomate, giga etc are not clones like zgemma, ibox, etc so will support official updates....the TM-Nano is the same box as the solo2 thats why I posted it, all enigma2 boxes will do what you want and are the same to master, I find openvix the easiest and most supported, its just the spec of the 2 boxes I referred to is good, 1.3Ghz dual core, 1GB ram, gigabit LAN, internall HDD supported, etc makes it a much more pleasant experience

HI, yes you can use your server details, if you look at other more common threads like Zgemma S2, sucmnsee's back up thread is good to learn on, dont be too bemused by the brands....if you put an image on it like openvix its like Microsoft windows, it can run on HP's, Lenovo, ASUS, SONY, etc but its still windows if that makes sense? it's just the spec of the machine that runs it that makes the difference

P.S. never got a PM

HI, yes you can use your server details, if you look at other more common threads like Zgemma S2, sucmnsee's back up thread is good to learn on, dont be too bemused by the brands....if you put an image on it like openvix its like Microsoft windows, it can run on HP's, Lenovo, ASUS, SONY, etc but its still windows if that makes sense? it's just the spec of the machine that runs it that makes the difference

P.S. never got a PM
Righto good info need to some research now...yes sorry meant to pm question but ballsed it up on my phone.
Cheers for help

I know a few have mentioned already, but VU+ Solo 2 is ver y very good. I have never delved into the Sat world until last month, and this was the box I purchased, and I figured it all out after tinkering for a few hours.

Is the hdd already installed in the vu2solo? Some vids show it seperate and needs wiring in...is it basically unbox plug in and configure? Finally does it require a motorised dish or is a static sky dish suitable...cheers chaps

Back