Advice on initial Set up (newbie)

Hello Everyone,

Sorry if this is not the right place to post but not sure where is best.
I hope someone can help me in relation to a new satellite system i'm looking at (I'm Based in Newcastle)

Currently wondering if possible to receive Astra (19.2) & Hotbird (13) on a 60/65cm Satellite dish using either a mono block LNb or 2 separate LNb & Diseqc switch.
if so, which would be the better option from the list below.

* Solid or Perforated
* 60 or 65cm
* Monoblock or 2no LNb's.

i can purchase a 60cm no problem but have been given the option of a old-ish 65cm black dish, needs new LNb's but other than that seems okay, the system would be attached to a new Technistar S6.

any help greatly appreciated.

A monoblock LNB is just two LNBS with a diseqc switch packaged in one item. So one optimised for an 80cm dish will not work as well on a dish of another size. So IMO, the separate setup is better.

Bigger is better. Hopefully someone in your neck of the woods will confirm if that size of dish works for those. But I can get 13/19.2 on a Sky mini dish in London, so should be fine.

Have you already got the technistar?

thanks for the reply, yeah already got the technistar, cousin of mine is moving to dubai for work, got it and the 65cm dish from her. bit tatty but looks like it will work, but the she advised the LNbs would need replacing as old and not very good. she used to use the dish for French tv on 5 west? not sure of the exact number but she seemed happy with it.

Back