All4 and Minix Neo T5

Lanchul

Hi from Ireland. I recently tried to sideload the ALL4 player onto the Mini Neo T5 Box. All went well, but when I opened the app, it showed in Landscape mode for a brief second or two, before turning 90 degrees to the left. If I manage to select a program, it again starts with the correct orientation, before again, turning left.
There seems to be no way of correcting this.
All three Irish TV Players and all other apps on the box, play the right way up. I am using ALL4 ver 9.7.1.
Any ideas anyone,
Thanks.

It’s maybe because you are using the mobile version of All 4.
The only devices that are certified to use the tv version are Amazon, Apple TV and some smart TVs.
I think All 4 is only available in the UK and ROI.

Thanks for the reply , Aristotle.
I am using the mobile version, it is the same version that works fine on my phone, an old Firestick and a Zoomtak M5 Pro box downstairs. It's not a problem, but I like to try and get things working. You are correct that All 4 is only (legally) available in the UK and ROI.
Thanks again.

Thanks for the reply , Aristotle.
I am using the mobile version, it is the same version that works fine on my phone, an old Firestick and a Zoomtak M5 Pro box downstairs. It's not a problem, but I like to try and get things working. You are correct that All 4 is only (legally) available in the UK and ROI.
Thanks again.
It maybe down to your device as I have just installed the mobile version from the playstore and it is in correct orientation and works as it should in 1080p resolution.
I am running Android OSP.

The Playstore said it was not available for my device, that's why I was trying to sideload it. It looks like a problem with the my own device.
Thanks again.

The Playstore said it was not available for my device, that's why I was trying to sideload it. It looks like a problem with the my own device.
Thanks again.
I think you are running an older version of Android 6 on your Minix device and it’s probably not supported to run the All 4 app anymore.

I think you are running an older version of Android 6 on your Minix device and it’s probably not supported to run the All 4 app anymore.
I am on Android 9, still pretty old. Will have another look at it later, weather is too nice here now to be indoors,
Thanks.

I am on Android 9, still pretty old. Will have another look at it later, weather is too nice here now to be indoors,
Thanks.
My bad got mixed up with another device.
It will just probably be down to the Android OSP version and how it has been modified by the developer.

Back