WilloBuild Alternate remote control

pdw

Hi,

I'd like to use my old zGemma H2S remote on my Mutant HD51 - is there a way I can do that with Willobuild on VIX (5.2) ?

Thanks.

All you can do is try changing the different options and see if they work.

MENU > SETUP > SYSTEM > INPUT DEVICES > CONFIGURE REMOTE CONTROL TYPE

You'll need to change between them using OpenWebIf from your PC because the original remote won't work once you've changed the type.

Hi Willo, thanks but Ive tried all the options but no joy - is it worth flashing to latest Vix version?

Thanks but I've tried all the options and it didn't work. I know it worked using ATV but apparently not in VIX.

I'm not sure if the models have to be in the vix images so maybe that's why vix won't work as they don't support older zgemma models.

Reactions: pdw
My mutant is in the loft so can't try it. I wouldn't imagine Mutant have added the Zgemma RC in all honesty.

I use this type for all my stuff ONE FOR ALL URC 6440 Remote control - Allo RemoteControl
Hi Willo, I contacted the makers of this remote and asked if the Mut@nt HD51 was compatible with this remote - their reply:
'It is a rather new code that is not yet pre-programmed in any of our One For All remote controls.'

They then recommended the URC 7955 but with this one I cannot see how I would map the keys to navigate across the bouquets. They then said:
'If you do prefer the One For All URC-6440 please contact us because the set-up code for your device is not in the memory of this remote control and you would need a soundfile to be able to self-upgrade the remote. '

Did you have this hassle?

It's a learning remote. It just copies the codes from the original remote.
Works on every E2 box I've tried it on.

Go ahead and get it.
I have a few of them and use them across all my devices, H2S's, H7's, TV's, Sound Bar etc..

A very good URC IMHO.

Back