Amazon at it again with Firesticks

You can still use it.
All they have done is make it more difficult to install all the apps they don't want us to use.
Just turn the apk's into tiny urls and load up that way so takes a minute longer !
I have an apk I want to install, but it you click on it. nothing it shuts down, how do I change it into a tiny url ?

Jayne

I have an apk I want to install, but it you click on it. nothing it shuts down, how do I change it into a tiny url ?

Jayne

Turn it into a tinyurl like Baz said, and then download an app called " Downloader "... then type the url into the downloader app.

Thanks guys, I just tried it that way and still the same problems. I can not change the permissions. it says deny. But I also have other apps that says deny but works..The Vmaxtv apk is similar to stb..But it works better than the stb...I have no idea how to bypass the permissions on this new 4k stick...

1. On your Fire TV, go to ‘Settings’ -> ‘Device’ -> ‘Developer Options.’
  2. Turn on ‘Allow apps from Unknown Sources’

I have done that..but still the apk will not work...when I go into the setting on the app...permissions says deny...No I am not sure if the apk is black listed by Am or what...it works on the v2 stick..but not the 4k..

Are you sure the version you are trying to install is 4k compatible?

A lot of apps will run on regular firestick but not on the 4k.

Done all that Lamb. it just will not work with on the 4k. I have used tinyurl to download as well as side load..nope...nothing....but stb will work... I find the stb version audio runs out of sync. I have changed the audio to srereo.

On my firestick if I press ok whilst a channel is playing a search bar comes up and I just press ok on something called Hw and that seems to rectify out your fs is connected to inyernet

I think its a permission problem Lamb, the stb version says allowed..the VmaxTV apk it shows deny...I am sure this is the problem by not being allowed to the storage. But there is no way to change the setting on the 4k firestick.

Back