Anyone else a member of Amazon Vine?

I see a problem with this.

Biased reviews, its been going on for a long time unofficially and officially.

Depending on the item i don't really trust amazon reviews.

I see a problem with this.

Biased reviews, its been going on for a long time unofficially and officially.

Depending on the item i don't really trust amazon reviews.

There are no biased reviews in the Vine programme.
There's no advantage to it at all.
Amazon doesn't have to pay for the products. Third party sellers provide sample goods for review, before being accepted or rejected as a seller on the Amazon marketplace.
I just wondered if anyone else was doing it.... apparently not!

What it means to be a Vine Voice​

As the people whose contributions provide millions of Amazon customers with crucial product insights, Vine Voices have a vital role to play. The Vine Voice badge symbolises the voice of a trusted customer and a commitment to sharing insights that inform buying decisions across the world for Amazon shoppers. Our Vine Voice community takes this mission seriously and takes intentional efforts to write insightful, trustworthy and quality reviews.

Be unbiased: Whether it is a positive, neutral or negative rating, your review is about your experience with the product and what you liked and didn’t like about it. Your reviews are your independent opinion and should not be influenced by anyone else. This also means that Amazon Vine does not modify or change your product review and you shouldn’t feel pressured to either, unless you want to share updates in your review about the product.

Be honest: We want to hear your perspective. We want more of what you think. The honesty in an honest review will come through when you find a writing voice that comes natural to you. And that’s what customers can trust from Vine Voices – a solid, honest review from another customer just like them who happens to spend their free time reviewing new products.

Be insightful yet specific: Reviews are about the product. Avoid vague, general, and repetitive comments like reviews that just say ‘OK’, ‘nice product’ or ‘worst product’. Share context that may help customers better assess the product and your experience with it; like information about your familiarity with the product type, how you used the product and how long you used the product for. Feedback not relevant to the product, such as feedback about the seller, your delivery experience, pricing or packaging, should not be shared in Vine Reviews.

Add photos/videos: While not mandatory, customers really appreciate seeing pictures and videos of the items in real life and in action. Make sure you use relevant and in-focus images. It’s helpful to take advantage of natural light, try shots from different angles before uploading the best options, and zoom out enough to capture the entirety of a subject. Also, please respect the privacy of others and yourself by avoiding taking identifiable images of people and places.

Before you submit, check your insightful review for basic grammar and sentence structure. Taking this extra time to polish your review establishes trustworthiness and credibility, but also makes it easier for all customers at all reading levels to understand.

All reviews are subject to approval. We have a zero-tolerance policy for any review designed to mislead or manipulate customers. To read more about what could prevent an insightful review from being approved or to report abuse, take a look at the Community Guidelines.

Yes, that's why I thought it must be quite common for people to be Vine members.
I'd never really heard of it before I received the invite.

I'd seen the odd review from 'Vine Voices' but I thought they must work for Amazon.

View attachment 103502
I thought you told the to stick it up there jacksee when the price went to £8.99

Back