Amazon blocking 3rd party apps

Omg can you imagine Amazon trying to push out an OTA operating system update, it would cause utter chaos. I bet nearly 1 in every 10 households around the globe has a firestick or fire device in use.
It would be about as disastrous as Ford's eco boom engine recall 💥💥💥🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I haven’t seen that message specifically but to me they just need to enable developer mode. 👍
I very much doubt that will work, are we not at that stage at the moment with current firestick need to enable developer mode to enable unkown sources

A friend of mine did his firestick 4k max today and he was able to go to developer option and put unknown source on and downloaded his app without issues. Looks like developer mode wasn't enabled

I very much doubt that will work, are we not at that stage at the moment with current firestick need to enable developer mode to enable unkown sources
That is exactly what I said, they need to enable developer options? What stage aren’t we at yet that I mentioned?

According to an Amazon employee, “most of the OS development is already done” as the company is attempting to “convince developers to actually use it”.

Plans to roll out the new software may come as early as next year starting with the release of a new Fire TV device. We don’t expect current Fire TV models to receive this OS update plus they should still support their current lineup with updates for years to come.

Vega is based on Linux OS and uses a “more web-forward application model” with a focus on the React Native software framework.

The biggest thing to note here is that in all likelihood, the Vega OS will eliminate the ability to sideload apps on Firestick & Fire TV devices.

This would make it a “closed-source” system similar to that of Roku and Apple TV devices which do not have any 3rd party app capabilities.

Fire OS has been very accommodating for app developers in allowing them to run Android Apps that work on phones, tablets, and more.

The integration of Vega to replace Fire OS would also occur on Fire HD Tablets which means these devices would also no longer have access to Android Apps.

It is more likely, however, that Vega will make its way to other Amazon products instead of Fire TV including smart displays and vehicles such as the Jeep Wagoneer.

There is nothing official yet from Amazon regarding this news, however, we will keep you updated as more information becomes available.

This story was first reported by Janko Roettgers on the blog site Lowpass.

According to an Amazon employee, “most of the OS development is already done” as the company is attempting to “convince developers to actually use it”.

Plans to roll out the new software may come as early as next year starting with the release of a new Fire TV device. We don’t expect current Fire TV models to receive this OS update plus they should still support their current lineup with updates for years to come.

Vega is based on Linux OS and uses a “more web-forward application model” with a focus on the React Native software framework.

The biggest thing to note here is that in all likelihood, the Vega OS will eliminate the ability to sideload apps on Firestick & Fire TV devices.

This would make it a “closed-source” system similar to that of Roku and Apple TV devices which do not have any 3rd party app capabilities.

Fire OS has been very accommodating for app developers in allowing them to run Android Apps that work on phones, tablets, and more.

The integration of Vega to replace Fire OS would also occur on Fire HD Tablets which means these devices would also no longer have access to Android Apps.

It is more likely, however, that Vega will make its way to other Amazon products instead of Fire TV including smart displays and vehicles such as the Jeep Wagoneer.

There is nothing official yet from Amazon regarding this news, however, we will keep you updated as more information becomes available.

This story was first reported by Janko Roettgers on the blog site Lowpass.
Most IPTV suppliers are aware of this new release. Amazon will lose hundreds of millions in sales for new devices world wide if 3rd party apps get blocked. Its a simple £30 - £100 upgrade in new hardware to replace a stick without all the garbage advert and bloated crap that comes with it.

Nokia have clocked it and and will cash in as well as the china suppliers

Back