Amiko Combo HD - Scrambled channels

sp00ky1

Hello all,

First of all I have searched through the forum but didnt find a clear cut solution...

So I have got an Amiko Combo HD. I followed the tutorial here, I flashed the firmware from lavatronics, got a test line from someone in this forum. I managed to connect to the server. However all the channels apart from the terrestrial channels are scrambled. Would anyone know how to resolve this?

I am on VM line. based in central london, using Harringey frequency.

What could be the issue? and how can i fix this?

Thanks in advance...

If you've scanned the correct symbol rate with a blind scan and your server is connected, your line may well be the problem. Also with Amiko you may need to alter the Deskey as it needs spaces between 01 02 03, unlike the way its set 010203

just been given a new line, will give that a go now. the deskey looks as though it has spaces, will check that out too. thanks

---------- Post Merged at 05:19 PM ----------

BTW the only emulator it connected to the server is camd35...not sure if that makes a difference

if your line is N it goes in newcamd, just edit your line, I done my sisters line the other day and had to change the deskey on the box to match the line

Sorry for late update...So I got everything working!

Garyth you were right, I think there was an issue with the line, bcoz when i input the new line it connected.

However it didnt finish there, the channels came but it was glitching and a few channels did not even appear after scan. I tried changing frequency etc - no luck. i finally figured that the cable going into the box wasn't making a good connection. the signal level was coming at 98% and quality at 90%. I figured there must be something wrong with the F to ariel connector. went into Maplin got a gold plated F to ariel connector and PERFECT!!! signal level now at 100% and quality at 90%, all channels appear with very minimal glithing and freezing but I understand thats to be expected. even a 2% make a huge difference...

So everyone get yourself a gold plated F to ariel connector, only costs about a quid or so more but well worth it! I think this should be mentioned in Bees tutorial.

Many Thanks to Bees - tutorial is spot on. thanks garyth and of course bangord30 who provided me the line and tried to help me all the way.

gary i have a amiko bos mate i paid a bloke last year to have all hd channels for a year its ran out now any ideas hu i can subscribe to to get the channels back

gary i have a amiko bos mate i paid a bloke last year to have all hd channels for a year its ran out now any ideas hu i can subscribe to to get the channels back
Post in
http://www.techkings.org/general-cable-tv/59334-recommend-good-cable-pay-server-request-only.html
Asking for a test line, you'll get a couples PM giving you a choice of lines. Ask for a test line, if good, pay for a sub. This thread is for CABLE ONLY. Sat line requests can be made in the respective sat sub forum. :)

Hello again...

I am having problems again....I have lost all channels...only a few appear on scan, but it either scrambled or very glitchy. the line seems to be fine as the server is connected I even tried a new line but no luck.

I was using Haringey as provider
TP index 1/129
Frequency 619.0
symbol rate 6952
modulation Qam64
Network ID 40985
LCN On

Signal Level 100, quality is 90.

But I am living in Camden, I have seen that the frequency for Camden should be 515.0 but when I input that the signal drops to zero and quality drops to 6%.

would anyone know if the frequencies etc has changed or what to do???

thanks

Your channel list or lack of them lol

comes down to you using the wrong net id (entered as frequency) on your box.

When you use the correct one you will get a jump in the signal strength and quality, even before trying to scan.

If you have some missing try other net id's around your area until you have a full channel list in place.

You should expect to get about 375 channels or maybe even a few more after a scan.

Secondly, how is your box connected to the internet ? Ethernet to router, homeplugs, WiFi ?

Glitchy viewing is usually down to the server or your internet connection.

Don't go too cheap with the server, you generally get what you pay for.

Got it working. tried different TP index which gave full signal,
then searched each one until all channels appeared when I scanned.
now to sort out favourites...will take tiiiiime!

many thanks BEES

You can select lots of channels and move them into their group in one go.

Don't move them individually or you will be there all day (y)

Hello guys,

I am having the same issue and cannot seem to solve the issue. I have inputted the correct frequency etc but am not getting 375 channels. I get about 150. Also the server is showing connected but all paid channels are showing scrambled.
I have an Amiko box Mini HD t2 combo.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

hi guys im connected to a server with my line but channels are still scrambled it comes up with new codes like server id stream id but no pic

Fairly obvious, you need to find a new server if your line's ran out. There's a request thread at the top of the section.

Back