AMIKO LX800

Hmmnd

Hi
I have just bought the AMIKO LX800 as an IPTV player from KUUL.
I am struggling to understand:
Why when connected to internet YouTube does not play.
How is it possible to add applications if at all
Why it keeps asking to login
Does it only work with Mac address provided IPTV?
I have requested trial IPTV but only receive data that cannot be entered anywhere on apps provided
Is there a simple set up instruction for this device anywhere?
Any help really appreciated
Hmmnd

You only joined 50 mins ago , I can’t see a request for a trial from you , you should contact whoever gave you the trial.
I don’t know this box but it’s a linux box and mine is android so cant help much.
search on here for amiko lx800

Need to use the MYTV app its built-into the box. Give provider the mac code 00:1A:79 ect they will give you a url to add in portal 1

I have made some progress as I have now updated software and the URL and usr and password dialogue boxes are now available In this update. I wanted to use an existing subscription which is not a mac address sub but a url pass and user. now the url seems to be too long to fit !

I have made some progress as I have now updated software and the URL and usr and password dialogue boxes are now available In this update. I wanted to use an existing subscription which is not a mac address sub but a url pass and user. now the url seems to be too long to fit !
Its a known problem mate with long urls on the LX800 last time i checked there was no way around it.

You only joined 50 mins ago , I can’t see a request for a trial from you , you should contact whoever gave you the trial.
I don’t know this box but it’s a linux box and mine is android so cant help much.
search on here for amiko lx800
Its a known problem mate with long urls on the LX800 last time i checked there was no way around it.
I guess I have bought a brick. I cannot see why a simple software update could not fix this and allow for a longer url to be input.

He is not using the correct url he says he has user/pass the url will be different to the portal one and the mac code needs activating.

Sounds to me like he has m3u just ask your provider to convert your line to mac based sub and give him the mac starting 00:1A:79 or it will be 00:1B:79 pretty simple really.
All it will mean is that you can’t use your user and pass

Sounds to me like he has m3u just ask your provider to convert your line to mac based sub and give him the mac starting 00:1A:79 or it will be 00:1B:79 pretty simple really.
All it will mean is that you can’t use your user and pass
Depends if his provider is a reseller and has no credits left to change it over :whistle:

I appreciate using the mac code would probably get the unit working. I have one subscription I use on two devices at present (not at same time) and this works fine On a VU Duo box and an Omega box Using xstream app. I assumed I could use the low cost LX800 in the same way but it seems not useful for anything but service providers offering mac address set ups As you cannot add additional apps and the MyTv app only can be used with mac code. Unless anyone knows different?

I appreciate using the mac code would probably get the unit working. I have one subscription I use on two devices at present (not at same time) and this works fine On a VU Duo box and an Omega box Using xstream app. I assumed I could use the low cost LX800 in the same way but it seems not useful for anything but service providers offering mac address set ups As you cannot add additional apps and the MyTv app only can be used with mac code. Unless anyone knows different?
Send it back and ask to exchange it. Go for the amiko A6 much better box and only £20 more

Back