Amiko Mini HD Combo Tutorial

bees

VIP Member
This is a guide on how to set up the amiko mini combo box

I am assuming you already know we need a live VM feed in order
to use the cable side and a sat dish for the sat side.

First you will need an F to Aerial connector

f to ariel.jpg

and a splitter if you only have a single cable coming into the house.

Connect up the box, usual manner, hdmi, ethernet, ect.

For cable screw the F to Aerial connector onto your VM feed and push into the RF in, sat feed into LNB in.

Download the firmware,

Unzip it, put it on a USB stick, put the stick in the box.

On your Remote

Menu - System - Upgrade by USB

P1010306.jpg

Flash the firmware, Upgrade Mode is ALL SW + Bootloader (Right button to scroll through)

P1010318.jpg

Next scan for channels

Menu - Installation - Satellite Installation

Right button to pick up Astra 28.2, either Green Button TP Scan or White Button Blind Scan will do

P1010308.jpgP1010309.jpg

Menu - Installation - Cable Installation

Insert the first 4 digits of your netid into the frequency, so 50268 would become 502.6

Insert your symbol rate

flick through the QAM settings (Right button) until you get a green and yellow signal
across the bottom of the screen, either Green Button Scan or White Button Blind Scan will do

P1010310.jpgP1010311.jpg

Next insert your line or lines

Menu - Internet - Net Client Config

Enter your Lines manually, make sure "active server" is green (OK button)

P1010312.jpgP1010313.jpg

If you are connected you should see this

You can use, C, N or MG just make sure you have the correct protocol selected for your line
in the emulator field.

P1010314.jpg

You can run Sat and Cable lines simultaneously.

Welcome back glorious HD !!!!! lol

You can post a request for a cable line here

and a sat line here

Finally, sort your channels into groups

Menu - Service - Organizing Favourites

P1010315.jpg

Red Button (Group) - Satellite - Pick the Tuner you want to work on.

P1010316.jpg

Press FAV button on your remote, choose a group you want to sort to.

Scroll down the left hand side, press OK and the channel will turn grey

Then when you have chosen all the channels, press the big arrow in the middle of the screen

You can use the pen icon at the bottom to rename the groups, you can also move the channels up and down the list too.

P1010317.jpg

When you have sorted everything and you want to use the groups

Press OK, Red Button (group) on your remote, flick to the one you want to view

P1010317.jpg

For instance The top four groups on mine all read from the cable tuner, the bottom three
read from the sat tuner

Hi all. I've followed this excellent tutorial and have got as far as entering my line...however i am just constantly getting a "Log in failed" message when attempting to connect to the server. It's happening on 2 seperate servers and neither are reporting any faults so it must be me...or the box. Any ideas?

no such thing as hd lines,sat channels as on 28.2 are limited to a few working hd channels,working on 19.2 if you have a motorised setup.
cable hd were not affected.

lines are for sat and could include sd and remainder of hd channels not affected by the move,but that include all in the future which is unknown to us.

hi bees i tried your guide above for cable intstallation i put my network id in freq then put my symbol rate flick through quam but not getting any signal if i input frenquency 316 and do a scan only getting 80 channels we have 184 channels on upc any idea what i am doing wrong thanks

If you haven't got the "net client config "option on the right hand side of the menu

you will need to update the firmware for your box first, think it is a different firmware version
for your box than the combo in the tutorial.

Last edited:
it must be tried firmware fron tutorail and just said check version update error any idea were i can get right firmware update ??

Back