Android Box/Kodi

tsmiggy

Hi
For some reason it seems to take ages for kodi to load onto my android box. I am not sure if this is down to a slow cheap box,or its just the way Kodi is. I do not mind buying a better box,if this is likely to load up the Kodi channels faster.

Cheers

Likely to be the box, but what spec do you have? Is the box full of crap, do you have other things running in the background?

Example, I run it on an Nvidia Shield, it's way faster than my Firestick for example, but it's not instant.

Maybe need to uninstall and re install kodi, you should also get rid of any unwanted or dated apps and add ons, I never really use my android box, but I know kodi loads quickly on it and it is also a really old box.

Hi. Thankyou very little on the box,and i have tried to reinstall. But neither seemed to make much difference.It is a cheapo low spec box.
I do not mind buying a better one,but not sure what is better?.Not sure of the minimum spec.

Cheers

What budget do you have, do you plan on using the box for anything else apart from Kodi?

I think it mostly depends whats on the box, I dont bother too much with Android boxes or kodi, but I have set a good few different boxes up recently and kodi has loaded and worked ok on them, but I am sure there are some members with a good knowledge on these boxes that will give some advice.

I do use the box mostly for a IPTV sub,and thats fine,but every so often i do use Kodi for something
that i do not have available on IPTV. Budget wise because its only occasionally i dont want to spend
hundreds,so i assume up to £50 would cover it.

Cheers

Hi, I’ve just bought an Amazon Fire TV Box which was £69 or there abouts. Over your budget but Black Friday is only a few weeks away and these will be reduced, if last year is anything to go by.

I found these boxes to good around device.

Official apps installed IPlayer, all4, itvhub, demand5, Netflix, Amazon Services and my favourite JUST EAT.

Unofficial TeaTV, Kodi, Smarters IPTV which I’m using a testing subscription from provider from this forum absolutely brilliant.

Also going to buy Offical Amazon Game Controller, really want to have a go with some old classics games like crazy taxi and sonic.

Anyway think I’m getting carried away, just enjoying fire box.

If you have got something like a PS4 controller, it will work with the Fire TV as well, hopefully save you some money. For a £50 budget, Fire TV is probably your best option as an all round box, they should be around this price on Black Friday.

Do I have to do anything fancy to get PS4 controller to work?

Do you know if buttons are all configured and ready to play?

Will borrow sons controller once he’s stopped playing with it.

You could install libreelec on ya android box which is basically just kodi. It will delete the android off the box but will be a hell of a lot faster without all that android stuff.

The new Amazon fire stick 4k is getting released soon well worth the money because everything just works on the fire devices, unlike the cheap android boxes.

Does anyone know why my newly installed addons disappeared from Kodi 18.3?
Last night I installed a lot then turned off the Android box from main plug and this morning all disappeared.
No clue what has happened. I am thinking may be internet provider doing something.

Does anyone know why Kodi delete all installed addons when I turn it off from main? I have an ANDROID BOX

Back