Android Box to stream from E2...

Hi All,

I have a vu+ enigma 2 box with a cable sub and an IPTV sub, all works well :) I'm trying to get a 2nd room sorted, I have an old 1080 non smart TV and I'm planning for everything to be hard wired.

I was originally thinking of a 2nd E2 box running Openvix and using client mode to stream all from original box but I'm now starting to think of a android box instead.

Is there an android app to stream from e2 boxes? I've managed to use kodi on an old raspberry pi but the EPG takes an age to import, if I had a newer android box would the EPG import quicker? Are there any other apps/methods?

I was then thinking of using perfect player for the IPTV side of things, I've read this is a good option. Any thoughts?

If all is do-able anyone have any advice on a particular android box? All in need it for is streaming from the E2 box and my IPTV sub, I won't need 4K for the foreseeable future. The cheaper the better but it has to be fit for purpose and stable. I presume I'll be able to chromecast to all android boxes ya??

Don't know much about android boxes but I've had a peak at these so far...

Droidbox Imxq pro mini
MXQ

Any advice would be awesome!!

I should have also said that it should be very easy to use/navigate for some other less techie people who need to use it too :)

Back