Android Box

nick1963

Hi all, hope some of you can help. I'm currently running IPTV on a zgemma HS but am looking at getting an android device to replace it, as I have spent a good deal of time messing with android phones, an I like the operating system. What I would like is some recommendations, ie, more ram or rom, quad or octo cpu, and of course, which cpu. Many thanks in advance, Nick.

I use a Droidbox MXQ Pro v2. Good box for the money and Firmware updates come OTT. Dual Boot into Android / Libreelec and PVR Simple IPTV client works fine on it. I'd recommend any Android Box to have a minimum of 8GB ROM / 2GB RAM and Quad Core CPU with latest version of Android.

Some of the unbranded / Generic Boxes MXQ / M8S, etc can be a pain in getting the correct firmware updates. Almost all don't have a working OTT update and manual FW installs can be tricky getting the correct firmware working on it.

I use a Droidbox MXQ Pro v2. Good box for the money and Firmware updates come OTT. Dual Boot into Android / Libreelec and PVR Simple IPTV client works fine on it. I'd recommend any Android Box to have a minimum of 8GB ROM / 2GB RAM and Quad Core CPU with latest version of Android.

Some of the unbranded / Generic Boxes MXQ / M8S, etc can be a pain in getting the correct firmware updates. Almost all don't have a working OTT update and manual FW installs can be tricky getting the correct firmware working on it.
Any links to where u brought yours so we can make sure we don't get a clone ?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I wouldn't buy from DroidBox again. Spent £114 on a T8-S and they dropped support for it within months because they started selling newer products.

funny enough they've done the same with the MXQ Pro v2. Runs Libreelec with Kodi 17.5 sweet though so I'm not bothered. As I said, the generic boxes are also a pain to get updated firmware as there's so many different manufacturers. Spent many an evening on Chinagadgetreviews downloading firmware to recover bricked MXQ / M8S's. Ghostware firmware is the best firmware for all these boxes but he's pulled the free links to his firmware now and selling boxes pre-loaded with it.

anyway, just make sure on a local well known auction site that you check item description as a lot of sellers are listing as 2GB RAM / 8/16GB ROM in the listing title them only showing 1GB RAM in item description.

Back