Android tv box got booted off network by sky router

One thing that is a big speed hog is my sons xbox one his bedroom is directly above the router and he is using a WiFi connection but whenever it is and he is downloading it just sucks the life out of everything even overpowering the z7+'s wired connection it can easily knock 20mbs off for some reason. Surely the wired device would take the priority speed?

Recently heard of QoS (Quality of Service) which lets you limit bandwith based on device via the router. I've not used this function but it might be worth a search here (sure I've seen it mentioned, or google) to see if it may help your situation.

Recently heard of QoS (Quality of Service) which lets you limit bandwith based on device via the router. I've not used this function but it might be worth a search here (sure I've seen it mentioned, or google) to see if it may help your situation.
Thank you, it doesn't really affect iptv viewing more the 4k movie side of things but it is worth looking into.

Yes no problem i went into the android settings and ticked static IP, then changed the ip address of the box to 192.168.0.250 (think 250 is the highest you can go)
Subnet mask left the same as usual 255.255.255.0
Gateway is 192.168.0.1 (the Sly routers ip address)
First DNS to 90.207.238.97
Second DNS to 90.207.238.99
These are Sly's set DNS address and are available on Google etc solved the problem of the box dropping out instantly, WiFi was fine but Sly's Internet is not the fastest at the best of times and not idle for 1080 let alone 4k streaming but using a wired connection with the above settings added another 20mbs compared to the WiFi making the 1080/4k streaming no problem. I did at first think my box was a duffer but after my own experience and reading this thread it has to be their routers that are at fault.
So can I just copy these settings into my android TV box and leave the sky q router as it is thanks for any help been stressing me out

You don't say what Droid Box it is or if it support IPv6 but you could try disabling IPv6 LAN side on the router. Type 192.168.0.1 in any web browser, select advanced tab, log in with admin / sky. Select the LAN IP Setup tab, scroll down and untick "Enable IPv6 on LAN side" and apply the changes.

You may also need to change the default Gateway on the Droid Box as the Sky Router Default Gateway is 192.168.0.1 and the Droid Box is probably 192.168.1.1 so setting using DHCP on Sky Router then disabling it would mean when you hooked up to your DLink that the gateway would be bad until DHCP adjusted the settings. You can download Ping Tools from Play then when box connected, depending what router you're hooked up to, select either to ping the sky or Dlink.

Hi , sorry to contact you but bazcfc mentioned you may be able to advise please...
Quick question
Currently using sly Q router with current
Samsung apps & iptv
But finding i’m constantly rebooting router to connect,
Would it be beneficial making any changes within the router set up to maintain a better connection
I always exit all apps efficiently,
But my provider continues to defeat the odds but with some downtime..on/ iff server swap by prov
However i’m finding i’m forever having to reset/ restart either the router or tv..
I was reading somewhere in the forum of a setting within the router to either t/on or off is it the ipv6 on lan side
These are my current settings
Ipv6 firewall✔️
Ipv6 enabled✔

Inbound services
Enable inbound
Allow inbound
Both ticked
Regards ID

Hi , sorry to contact you but bazcfc mentioned you may be able to advise please...
Quick question
Currently using sly Q router with current
Samsung apps & iptv
But finding i’m constantly rebooting router to connect,
Would it be beneficial making any changes within the router set up to maintain a better connection
I always exit all apps efficiently,
But my provider continues to defeat the odds but with some downtime..on/ iff server swap by prov
However i’m finding i’m forever having to reset/ restart either the router or tv..
I was reading somewhere in the forum of a setting within the router to either t/on or off is it the ipv6 on lan side
These are my current settings
Ipv6 firewall✔
Ipv6 enabled✔

Inbound services
Enable inbound
Allow inbound
Both ticked
Regards ID
Have you tried using the settings from the guide in your Samsung TV network settings I would certainly give those a try before adjusting settings in your router as if wrong settings are applied or do not work you could open a whole different can of worms on your home network.

Last edited:
Have you tried using the settings from the guide in your Samsung TV network settings I would certainly give those a try before adjusting settings in your router as if wrong settings are applied or do not work you could open a whole different can of worms on your home network.
What settings would uou advise?
The setting for ip/dns are set to auto
Thanx ID

Use the ones from the first post of this guide and set the dns to that of your Internet provider let me how you fair please.
Rpidemon, many thanx for reply
I prev gave you tv settings for wifi( as its tv thats losing connection & having to press wps to reconnect), which were set to auto. Do i put the ip & dns in those settings manually or do i have to go into router settings
Just making sure
Sincere thanx
ID

Rpidemon, many thanx for reply
I prev gave you tv settings for wifi( as its tv thats losing connection & having to press wps to reconnect), which were set to auto. Do i put the ip & dns in those settings manually or do i have to go into router settings
Just making sure
Sincere thanx
ID
Input them into your TVs network settings, I would also recommend hard wired over WiFi if you can.

Sorry to jump on this post

I have recently moved across to sky and have a sky q package now my android box no longer finds links to streams (android box T95z plus)

I have tried a factory reset, I have tried changing to static IP as above, I have tried disabling IPV6 LAN and IPV6 firewall.....

And still my android box no longer finds links to stream...

As a test I tried setting my ee mobile up as WiFi hotspot, connected the android box to it and then I found links and could stream obviously this is not practical as my mobile data will go very quickly... .

I need to get my android box streaming using my sky Internet
Any ideas????
Thanks

It does sounds like your internet service provider is blocking you through there router have you tried a vpn? They now have the ability to monitor your activity via there supplied router.

Back