android tv box

There was a few reasons I didn't like the nVidia shield. One of them was the adverts. I'm not sure how or when they started to appear, but if you google this you will find other people complaining about it and it seems that this can be disabled in the settings. Maybe it came as part of an update and was disabled by default for people that already owned a shield?

I also didn't like the remote or the interface. For me, the Formuler Z11 Pro was exactly what I was looking for

Boots directly to the AndroidTV UI

I dont have any apps set to launch at startup.
It just that on Reddit I saw people complaining of ads on the Home Screen on one of the more recent updates for the Sheild.
The best method to resolve it was using a custom launcher or disable Google play services.
Maybe it depends on country location with the adds.

When I change the input to my shield, I am greeted by all my installed apps on the homepage, I click on one and that app loads, to close all open apps I double click a specific button on my remote

I quite like some banner ads on my Pro Shield, the ones I get are just advertising upcoming programmes on other platforms ( very colourful) I'm sure the the processor can handle it as I haven't noticed any change to the lightening fast feature of the box!
I did try a launcher a few years ago only to add apps the Shield didn't like, but it loads all apps now from anywhere now I have adjusted settings.

I quite like some banner ads on my Pro Shield, the ones I get are just advertising upcoming programmes on other platforms ( very colourful) I'm sure the the processor can handle it as I haven't noticed any change to the lightening fast feature of the box!
I did try a launcher a few years ago only to add apps the Shield didn't like, but it loads all apps now from anywhere now I have adjusted settings.
You on commission lol.

Would appreciate any recommendations for an android tv box……it’s for my Dad, he only uses it for IPTV & streamio, currently has the latest firestick 4k max which should be fine, however he is with Vodafone broadband and he keeps having issues when he turns it on and tells him that the network is unavailable, even though it is full signal

I can’t explain it, but as I recommended him to switch to Vodafone from BT, I need to find him a replacement. There seems to be many boxes online but a lot seem to have negative reviews

I use an Nvidia Shield which IMO is brilliant, however he won’t part with £189 which as I write this is the cost on Amazon

Any wise words of wisdom very much appreciated 👍

Would appreciate any recommendations for an android tv box……it’s for my Dad, he only uses it for IPTV & streamio, currently has the latest firestick 4k max which should be fine, however he is with Vodafone broadband and he keeps having issues when he turns it on and tells him that the network is unavailable, even though it is full signal

I can’t explain it, but as I recommended him to switch to Vodafone from BT, I need to find him a replacement. There seems to be many boxes online but a lot seem to have negative reviews

I use an Nvidia Shield which IMO is brilliant, however he won’t part with £189 which as I write this is the cost on Amazon

Any wise words of wisdom very much appreciated 👍
Use a VPN or get an adapter and hardwire the stick. Sounds like the stick is to far from the router.

Use a VPN or get an adapter and hardwire the stick. Sounds like the stick is to far from the router.
This! Get the Ethernet adapter for the Firestick.

My parents have the 4K Firestick and it works really well for IPTV and Stremio. They use it connected via WiFI, but the TV + Firestick is about 1 metre from their router. I think @moshibeth is correct - the Firestick is too far away, OR there is too much interference to the signal from other devices close by.

I worked at a company and half the office staff complained about the WiFi. We connected some of them to ethernet while we looked into it. Turns out the problem was that buses that stopped outside the front of the office were clashing with their free on-board WiFi. We changed the WiFi channel. I'm saying this as it could well be neighbours or other sources giving a poor WiFi signal.

The stick gets full signal as they have a Vodafone booster, get close to full speed when I do a speed test in the room the stick is in, I’ve tried the stick in different rooms and still have the same issue, although a much older stick (none 4K) and it isn’t the lite version, connects straight away no issues at all.

This! Get the Ethernet adapter for the Firestick.

My parents have the 4K Firestick and it works really well for IPTV and Stremio. They use it connected via WiFI, but the TV + Firestick is about 1 metre from their router. I think @moshibeth is correct - the Firestick is too far away, OR there is too much interference to the signal from other devices close by.

I worked at a company and half the office staff complained about the WiFi. We connected some of them to ethernet while we looked into it. Turns out the problem was that buses that stopped outside the front of the office were clashing with their free on-board WiFi. We changed the WiFi channel. I'm saying this as it could well be neighbours or other sources giving a poor WiFi signal.
I’d need roughly a 15 meter ethernet cable, the router is on a different floor

All other devices (and a old firestick which was only replaced due to it being slow and none 4K although worked fine for IPTV) work perfectly

Back