android tv box

The stick gets full signal as they have a Vodafone booster, get close to full speed when I do a speed test in the room the stick is in, I’ve tried the stick in different rooms and still have the same issue, although a much older stick (none 4K) and it isn’t the lite version, connects straight away no issues at all.
If you have a tv on the same floor as the router I would definitely try hard wiring the stick just to prove that it is WiFi interference that maybe causing your issue and also see the performance of the stick over Wi-Fi closer to the router.
My router is in the same room as my Android device but I still hardwire it.
Purchasing a new device may still have the same issues over WiFi.
You could also test your shield at their house and see the results.
Also test their stick at yours.

On formula box you can't have official netflix app tho bear that in mind.

Nowadays IPTV comes with plenty of vod for anyone to watch what they would like to watch so you aren't missing much by not having the official netflix tho

On formula box you can't have official netflix app tho bear that in mind.

Nowadays IPTV comes with plenty of vod for anyone to watch what they would like to watch so you aren't missing much by not having the official netflix tho
Very True

If you have a tv on the same floor as the router I would definitely try hard wiring the stick just to prove that it is WiFi interference that maybe causing your issue and also see the performance of the stick over Wi-Fi closer to the router.
My router is in the same room as my Android device but I still hardwire it.
Purchasing a new device may still have the same issues over WiFi.
You could also test your shield at their house and see the results.
Also test their stick at yours.
Thanks for the reply its appreciated

I've put my Shield at theirs today, so will leave it for a few weeks see how he gets on, connected straight away unlike the stick, which shows the WIFI network and 4 bars for full strength, but will either connect with no internet, or just come up with the error message "WIFI error"

The odd one though, is I remember a month or two ago I took my 4K stick round and had exactly the same issue, we ended up using his old non 4K stick, which is now super slow but he has never had an issue with that one

I've read online that there are issues on the firestick with Vodafone broadband on the 5GHz frequency, however Vodafone have taken away the ability to change the wireless channels - last Friday I went round, connected it, and set a timer to see if it did eventually connect, which it did after just over 15 minutes, I don't have enough technical knowledge to comment but could be an issue.

The same firestick worked also without issue before I recommended them to switch, on BT broadband, they moved as it saved them £20 a month, in hindsight it was a shocking recommendation from me.

I've put my Shield at theirs today, so will leave it for a few weeks see how he gets on, connected straight away unlike the stick, which shows the WIFI network and 4 bars for full strength, but will either connect with no internet, or just come up with the error message "WIFI error"

The odd one though, is I remember a month or two ago I took my 4K stick round and had exactly the same issue, we ended up using his old non 4K stick, which is now super slow but he has never had an issue with that one

I've read online that there are issues on the firestick with Vodafone broadband on the 5GHz frequency, however Vodafone have taken away the ability to change the wireless channels - last Friday I went round, connected it, and set a timer to see if it did eventually connect, which it did after just over 15 minutes, I don't have enough technical knowledge to comment but could be an issue.

The same firestick worked also without issue before I recommended them to switch, on BT broadband, they moved as it saved them £20 a month, in hindsight it was a shocking recommendation from me.
You need to split the WiFi channels on Vodafone. It can be done. It then gives two options when you Scan WiFi you should get one 2.4ghz channel and one 5ghz channel.

But my older 4k stick is connected by 5ghz and it works ok.

You need to split the WiFi channels on Vodafone. It can be done. It then gives two options when you Scan WiFi you should get one 2.4ghz channel and one 5ghz channel.

But my older 4k stick is connected by 5ghz and it works ok.
Thanks for this - I did not know you could do this, and the useless Vodafone support did not when I mentioned about wifi channels

Thanks for this - I did not know you could do this, and the useless Vodafone support did not when I mentioned about wifi channels
One thing I can recommend looking on eBay for the Vodafone ultra hub 6e
Especially if you have 1gig speeds. They want £10 a month for this if you get it through them.

Find them on eBay for £40 WiFi 6e and there good. Get full 1gb all day long with it using WiFi all over the house.

Sod paying ten quid a month just to have a router ha 🤣

One thing I can recommend looking on eBay for the Vodafone ultra hub 6e
Especially if you have 1gig speeds. They want £10 a month for this if you get it through them.

Find them on eBay for £40 WiFi 6e and there good. Get full 1gb all day long with it using WiFi all over the house.

Sod paying ten quid a month just to have a router ha 🤣
I only have the woeful poverty black standard router, is it a simple switch if you purchase one of these?

2.4hz signal connection travels further than 5hz but the speed is slower than 5hz.
It’s definitely worth seeing if you can change the router to 2.4hz or get another router as suggested.
Hardwired is the better option imo but not ideal for some.

I only have the woeful poverty black standard router, is it a simple switch if you purchase one of these?
Yes just plugged mine in works a treat. Can't believe they want ten quid extra a month just for a router. As I don't see what else you get for the ten quid

Yes just plugged mine in works a treat. Can't believe they want ten quid extra a month just for a router. As I don't see what else you get for the ten quid
Similar with BT, I think its an extra £5 for the "stay fast guarantee" which comes with a booster you can pick up for £50ish on ebay, expensive on a 2 year deal with the two CPI increases factored in

Back