Another freeze/glitch thread

lee989

Hi All

So I moved to a VU+ Uno 4k using a VM line when all the Sly channels started disappearing. I've tried several line providers all recommended by people I know and well known users of this forum, but they all keep glitching. Sometimes several times a minute, other times it can go several hours.

Always an entry is the log output like this:
Code:
2019/01/10 20:13:07 71034D54 c (ecm) dvbapiuser (1841@000000/0000/06AC/89:FBE85943A843ADC96278FBDB199EC7D2): not found (2 ms) by remote_line_provider_1 (F/2/2/2) - Sky One
2019/01/10 20:13:08 71034D54 c (dvbapi) Demuxer 0 restarting decodingrequests after 0 ms with 1 enabled and 1 disabled ecmpids!
2019/01/10 20:13:08 71034D54 c (dvbapi) Demuxer 0 trying to descramble PID 0 CAID 1841 PROVID 000000 ECMPID 1273 ANY CHID PMTPID 0050 VPID 0321

I must have tried over 20 "working oscam configs" posted by users on this forum as well as other related forums. I even spent 6 hours one evening going through the oscam wiki and messing around with any config parameter related to what i'm doing. I'm struggling to see this as a configuration issue at this point, especially given the bare bones config/only what you need config approach seems to be the usual fix for issues.

I also recently tried CCCam after finding they have released an ARM version. But alas that doesn't help with the glitching either.

Oh and i've also tried switching to OpenATV from Openvix. Both a plain install and uses wooshbuild. That didn't help either.

I borrowed a cheap zgemma h.2h from my brother yesterday, reconfigured it with the same NetID and the same line provider. Only difference is that it uses mgcam rather than oscam or cccam. I waited until I was getting persistent glitching again on my VU+ box today. Specifically on SLY 1 HD. Then switched the boxes over. Magically I had a whole 30 minutes of freeze free viewing. I then switched back to my VU+ box, and that was still freezing as before.

So the only variables left are:

1. oscam/cccam vs mgcam
2. zgemma vs vu+ uno 4k

I'm currently considering buying a zgemma and chucking this £230 vu+ thing in the bin. But i'd lose some of the other useful features of this box which was why I bought it in the first place.

Does anyone have any clue on what else I can try to get this working???

CCcam2.3.2 works on arm boxes on openatv, but i've recently been informed it won't work on openvix so this could have been part of the problem.

have you tried using oscam or ccam on the zgemma?
I haven't as I didn't want to play with his box too much. I guess I could image it first though and then give them a try.

CCcam2.3.2 works on arm boxes on openatv, but i've recently been informed it won't work on openvix so this could have been part of the problem.
I have tried CCcam 2.3.2 on openvix and it's no better or worse than oscam. I often switch between the two when it's freezing to see if one is better than the other (they never are). I did give wooshbuild with oscam a go and that didn't help. Maybe i'll try again but use CCcam just to eliminate that.

I'm beginning to think it's something to do with the box. An over-sensitive tuner or something (clutching at straws). But I don't fully understand the "not found" log entry and if a hardware issue would cause that.

Yep, as mentioned in my original post i'm fairly certain it's not the provider. When I first got the box I signed up with the same provider as my brother who'd not reported any issues for nearly 2 years. I immediately had problems. Since then i've tried quite a few providers and they are all the same. It wasn't until my brother gave me his box to reconfigure for him, that I had the chance to test my line on a confirmed working box, and the line was fine after all. I actually have 4 lines set up in oscam on my Vu+ box at the mo.

As stated the only 2 differences between the working zgemma and my vu+ is the softcam software and the hardware. I obviously can't test the hardware without buying the same box (which isn't an option, i already have 1 £230 brick).

I've just put wooshbuild back on the vu+ so i'll try oscam and then CCcam on that. I did try ATV before but didn't give it more than 1 hour (first few freezes and I flashed it back to my vix backup) and i never tried cccam on ATV, so i'll try a more lengthy test just to be sure.

If that all fails, then I guess my last port of call is BlackHole with mgcamd. Although the last time I tried BH it looked terrible, actually it looked broken. I can deal with a crap theme but the UI was unusable (which is why I didn't stay with it, as the other half would have refused to use it).

Anyhow's. Looks like i'm the only one here having this issue with this box or no one else has managed to fix it so is keeping quiet. Which does make me wonder if it could be a hardware issue after all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does it matter if we use mgcam or oscam?
For oscam you just need url, port number, user name and password. You can get that in most of the lines.

How good is your cable and what type of splitter,vu are top rated box and cannot see it been a box problem as 4 models i have.

I believe it is the provider problem. I had a test line just a moment ago and it was not good. A lot of freezing. My old one is the best. It is going to expire 14/01.
The best way to check a provider is to check the channels which are not very famous like Fox+1, Alibi+1 Gold etc

I believe it is the provider problem. I had a test line just a moment ago and it was not good. A lot of freezing. My old one is the best. It is going to expire 14/01.
The best way to check a provider is to check the channels which are not very famous like Fox+1, Alibi+1 Gold etc

what you talking about in earlier post - URL?
if you mean iptv suppliers this is the wrong thread for you
Cable suppliers don't give a url, if you mean the server, eg: virgin.xyz and the rest of the oscam details then this simply means you have picked crappy suppliers, try someone else, theres no limit on the amount of tests you're allowed to take, it's 2019 baby

Can you not read :grin:
MGcamd don't work on ARM box;)
You can use any line in OScam :)
what you talking about in earlier post - URL?
if you mean iptv suppliers this is the wrong thread for you
Cable suppliers don't give a url, if you mean the server, eg: virgin.xyz and the rest of the oscam details then this simply means you have picked crappy suppliers, try someone else, theres no limit on the amount of tests you're allowed to take, it's 2019 baby

I am really sorry. I am not very good in computer langue. Please ignore someone mistakes and try to educate and help.
I think my mean was server address.

CWS =

that's the server address
you'd be better off asking your supplier to change the line from CWS to N: and using that in oscam

also edit your post above and remove server name, cheers

that's the server address
you'd be better off asking your supplier to change the line from CWS to N: and using that in oscam

also edit your post above and remove server name, cheers

Please explain little more the difference between N and CWS?
In CWS lines you get all the information which you need for oscam.
I think you are talking about some technical things and I would love to know that

have to agree with most of the responses so far, the VU brand is far superior to the zgemma brand so doubt it is a hardware issue, same with image as you've loaded WB which is known to be a good image, Switching boxes (with same provider & your above findings) rules out a provider issue so all this suggests its a setup issue. Changing CWS to N is an option to try although both should work, are you restoring any setting when loading images? if so try again with a bare bones build & dont restore anything as it could be something in settings that is being restored, also try with only one provider code at a time, triple check your VM splitter/cables & box settings, basically start at the beginning & work forwards one step at a time as its easy to miss something along the way. On the plus side its nice to see someone who has read threads & put the effort in trying to correcting problems before asking for help, you will get there in the end just start from scratch & work slowly.

Last edited:
Please explain little more the difference between N and CWS?
In CWS lines you get all the information which you need for oscam.
I think you are talking about some technical things and I would love to know that

N lines and CWS lines both have the same details except the port number is different
A N: line can be used in both Oscam and CCcam softcams

If you put CWS line into oscam, it will work but oscam changes it to newcamd and the server is expecting newcamd lines to be connecting via a different port from mgcamd

Back