Another Zgemma VPN query

Hi guys, I need some advice please as I think I must be doing something really stupid. I've got an H5.2S on Whooshbuild and a PIA account. I've tried following the instructions on this thread:
http://www.techkings.org/threads/vpn-on-zgemma.130632/
I've downloaded the Openvpn config files, created a password conf file with my PIA username and password on separate lines.
Changed the ovpn file to include password.conf after auth-user-pass and changed the filename to client conf. In Filezilla in the left hand pane there are four files named
ca.rsa.2048.crt, client.conf.ovpn, crl.rsa.2048.pem and password.conf.txt. These files have been uploaded to the created file etc/openvpn in the right hand pane.
The Zgemma was then rebooted and then the OpenVpnSetup opened. When I press the green button the current status remains "stopped". I found if I press the green more than once it changes to running then goes back to stopped. Also if I press blue for "show log" the openvpn setup overlay disappears and I have to press exit to get it back again. I've also tried altering the password.conf file to password.txt and altered the client.conf to reflect the change but that didn't help. I have gone over it and rechecked for hours. Can anyone help to put right what I'm doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

Finally sorted my problem. In my client.conf file I changed auth-user-pass password.conf to auth-user-pass login.txt but this wasn't the source of the problem. As per step 3 in the above thread http://www.techkings.org/threads/vpn-on-zgemma.130632/ 3. edit the name of the ovpn file to client.conf. I did this and when I saved it on my PC with the other files, ca.rsa.2048.crt, crl.rsa.2048.pem and login.txt it showed up as "client.conf" . So far so good. Next I opened up FileZilla and connected to my Zgemma. I created a folder /etc/openvpn and copied the files across. Tried it and it failed. What I only just noticed was that the "client.conf" file that I'd created had now changed to "client.conf.ovpn" in FileZilla. In the left hand pane in FileZilla, I clicked TWICE on the
"client.conf.ovpn" file and deleted the .ovpn bit so now it became "client.conf". Copied that across to /etc/openvpn and at last it worked. I hope this helps others who may have the same issue.

Last edited:
Back