any 1 know owt bout tellys

gmb45

i have a 28" sony the big heavy 1s and when u turn it on from standby it clicks on then straight back to standby and the standby light flashes red-green it takes ages to get to come on, i think its a switch thats faulty can this be bypassed so it comes straight on from the plug ? or is it a new telly ? everything is sound apart from this. cheers

i have a 28" sony the big heavy 1s and when u turn it on from standby it clicks on then straight back to standby and the standby light flashes red-green it takes ages to get to come on, i think its a switch thats faulty can this be bypassed so it comes straight on from the plug ? or is it a new telly ? everything is sound apart from this. cheers

get yer hand in yer pocket, must be 20 year old that telly, theres a telly down the road from me owns a taverna nice guy

get yer hand in yer pocket, must be 20 year old that telly, theres a telly down the road from me owns a taverna nice guy
BOGOF zap its only 5 years old but i got it for nowt argos messed up they didnt deliver it on time so i cancelled it got my money back 2 days later they delivered it lol, think i will get the back off it and have a fiddle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could be any one of the capacitors mate.

I had the same problem but the tv only flashed on standby. Wouldnt turn on.

Mate of mines fixed it for 39p.

Could be any one of the capacitors mate.

I had the same problem but the tv only flashed on standby. Wouldnt turn on.

Mate of mines fixed it for 39p.
whats the loud clicking then ? sounds like a switch it comes on after a lot of clicking

BOGOF zap its only 5 years old but i got it for nowt argos messed up they didnt deliver it on time so i cancelled it got my money back 2 days later they delivered it lol, think i will get the back off it and have a fiddle.

good on ya lol got a desktop like that via HP many years ago lol! mine was faulty they send a new one but never picked old one up, managed to get it to work lol!

do you not havea local repair place that you can take it. if its a faulty switch it may not cost much

Last edited by a moderator:
Back