Any broadband recommendations for IPTV

HKT

Hi fellow members,
Just wondered if you have any recommendations for ISP'S for IPTV.
I'm out of contract with Voda, although they had issues throttling my Mag box, this seems to have been sorted, the last 7 months have been fine.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

I would stay away from Vodafone as you will need a vpn on most devices!! They are renown for blocks and throttling of services. ima!!

the question wasn't on throttling, it was on a "provider" you said VF are pants, I'm just saying that it works flawless on mine....not getting into an argument, just saying...

the question wasn't on throttling, it was on a "provider" you said VF are pants, I'm just saying that it works flawless on mine....not getting into an argument, just saying...
Didn't mention pants!! Just offering my opinion from experience, throttling would be a reason to avoid a provider!! In my opinion

what difference does it make if it's 1 meg or 20 meg download on a mobile phone? iptv works....that's it.....your not downloading torrents on ones mobile.....so throttled doesn't matter, I moved from the 5 gig month limit to unlimited and my speed is maxed at 10 meg on unlimited...(speed tests) yes throttled, but as for phone's performance, apps, maps etc. iptv you can't notice it one iota. just saying :)

Definitely stay away from Vodafone if they find out you are using IPTV or something like cyberflix they will throttle your speeds.

Thanks for your responses, think I'll steer clear of Voda and renew with another ISP, as my IPTV supplier won't allow use of VPN.

Thanks for your responses, think I'll steer clear of Voda and renew with another ISP, as my IPTV supplier won't allow use of VPN.
The problem with not using VPN your ISP can see exactly what you are doing.

Well, since Voda fixed the throttling issue (from what I can gather, it was a network problem), I've not experienced any further problems with throttling, they must be aware of what I'm streaming, considering no VPN has been used. I think to be on the safe side I'll steer clear of them. I assume other people have had issues?

It depends what kind of options you have. I believe you in the UK you have to check what's available in your area. Broadband in england usually are very bad and poor often not suitable for IPTV. Because iptv requires a lot of speed and low latency for example my provider offer some channels in 10000 bitrate it means i need minimum 10mbps to watch this one channel some hd channels requires 40MBPS. you need about 100mbps for smooth video if you want to enjoy iptv. Providers like TALKTALK they don't throttle or do any port blocking totally unlimited. I was able to get 145mbps with them for just £28 because hybrid cable are available. So if you can get hybrid cables or even fibre connectivity that's perfect remember packages like 24mbps ADSL+ too weak usually not enough speed. Also depends how far away your iptv server is distance because it affects latency. Also VPN gives you higher latency and reduces speed so keep that in my mind. In some countries there's not much choice because they simply don't care about internet not investing in the infrastructure and many other factors.

Last edited:
IPTV doesn't require a lot of "speed" download a data/inspector and watch it while your streaming it's jump (with a good buffer) between 50k and 800k (so yeah nearly a meg)

anyway, enough of my smooth IPTV streaming HD channels flawless on VPN using voda.

case closed. for me any way. :) lol

I use sly fibre get 40mbps on firestick I get 37 Meg via ethanet adaptor on my edison I get about 26mbps wireless don't have any problems streaming iptv only downfall is its sly q router with 2 ethanet ports as mentioned it depends what's in your area and if done by phone line it depends what your line can handle speed wise

For what is out there and as best it can be in terns of quality, you never really going to need a lot of speed as again iptv providers aren't going to stream a great deal of bandwidth, actually I always found stream being quiet poor as obviously they can't afford streaming good quality for how many users they have. Are you referring to a broadband through the phone line or 4G sort of type? Either way they all offer enough bandwidth to meet your demand.

Back