Anybody else having ITVHD stuttering/hanging problems?

Ok I can now categorically state that my ITVHD hanging issue is down to line/provider issues. I have just received a test line for a local card server and ITVHD is now working fine. So it would appear that despite claims by line providers that they are using local cards, they are in fact using cache servers and that is the cause of my problems.

Buyer beware

I have similar problems with some HD channels but not ITVHD (I'm in an STVHD region which tends to work fine) and there seems to be two main theories as to what causes it.

The first is signal levels which Abu Baniaz has already mentioned and the second is the use of a cache server that doesn't have local cards.

I see similar Oscam log entries as you do for the channels that do not work properly for me and those are similar to entries for the plus 1 and less popular channels which are notorious for not clearing properly when using a chache server.

My theory, and it's a complete guess and probably way over simplified as I'm a total novice, is that different regions generate different ecms and if it is not found in the cache that leads to channels not clearing. Why local cards actually make a difference in this scenario, I'm not sure.

I have the same behaviour with my old KV850 and current ZGemma H9C which run MGCAMD and OSCAM respectively and I have also checked my power levels with my provider who confirmed they are fine.

It's not a major problem for me as I have IPTV and freeview as a backup but it would be interesting to get to the bottom of this for curiosities sake!

I would say your theory is bang on and certainly backs up my thoughts/findings.

Ok I can now categorically state that my ITVHD hanging issue is down to line/provider issues. I have just received a test line for a local card server and ITVHD is now working fine. So it would appear that despite claims by line providers that they are using local cards, they are in fact using cache servers and that is the cause of my problems.

Buyer beware
Do you want to share who your test provider is via DM

I think the reason ITV and CH4 are badly affected is that they are highly regional. Even though CH4 has no regional programming it has regional advertising so is effectively several different stations just like ITV. So you don't just need it to be in the server's cache (like the other stations) you need your local version of it to be in there. Neither station has ever been good for me although I'm new here and have only had one line.

Luckily I have sat feeds and a box with 2 sat and 2 cable tuners, so I use dsayer's custom mix with ABM and have the sat versions of the FTA channels in my bouquets.

Regarding the local card server, obviously you can't publicly say who your supplier is here, but would be interested to know how much you are paying, which you can say.

I think the reason ITV and CH4 are badly affected is that they are highly regional. Even though CH4 has no regional programming it has regional advertising so is effectively several different stations just like ITV. So you don't just need it to be in the server's cache (like the other stations) you need your local version of it to be in there. Neither station has ever been good for me although I'm new here and have only had one line.

Luckily I have sat feeds and a box with 2 sat and 2 cable tuners, so I use dsayer's custom mix with ABM and have the sat versions of the FTA channels in my bouquets.

Regarding the local card server, obviously you can't publicly say who your supplier is here, but would be interested to know how much you are paying, which you can say.

Yup indeed, using Dsayers mix would be a solution for sure, if I had a satellite feed available. I'll be paying £80 for the new sub, which will be an additional sub to the existing subs I already have....you can never have enough, lol! :-)

As I said earlier, if you have the option of sat aswell as cable, then swap some of the iffy cable channels to the sat variations, thats what I have done , I am not sure how many local card providers there are on TK, but from what I have seen in the past, most providers prices are from £35 to £50 for the year, so that would suggest there isnt that many, I think if anyones wanting a completely glitch free service, then it would be best to try the more expensive providers and if it works well on all channels then stick with it. I am happy with what I have for £40 per year, yes a few channels swapped, but the main ones have never caused me any problems.

I've tried out 2 other providers, one that claims uses local cards but I've found the same problem on ITVHD. I'm not really fussed about it either, its just that I've got 7 lines for friends and family and one of them has to moan about it. I always tell them connect your tv to freeview or the original v6 box along with enigma 2 cable box. Something to fall back on. Is there anyway to change the frequency in a .xml file e.g. is there a file that lists all the frequencies that are scanned by ABM.

At the end of the day, for the price we all pay for lines compared to a genuine sky or vm sub, then in all honesty as long as the main channels like sports, movies sky1, living, etc play well , then we cant really complain, can we.
I agree with you m8, but if we can get all available channels working like some lads have, then why not. The only way around it for me is forums like this, i don't think anyone would ever complain about what we get for what we pay.

Mine went totally tits up just as the F1 got interesting at 8.30 ish.
I missed two Dutch goals against England the other day too. Has a knack of going at the worst times!

Mine went totally tits up just as the F1 got interesting at 8.30 ish.
I missed two Dutch goals against England the other day too. Has a knack of going at the worst times!
Is this on a cable sub and did you have to re start your cam?

Mine's a line issue 100%, hoping provider will sort it out. Restarting softcam never helps anyway. There's another thread on it so I won't clutter this one. Gotta give the fella time to fix things, only fair.

Finding that provider where every channel works perfectly, is very hard to do, I have a decent service now, but I can still get problems on ITV channels ch4hds, racing channels even bbc1 ni can play up, all sports and movies are great, the cable channels that play up, I have swapped with the sat versions, it has been this way for a few years ,with a few different providers and even test lines, so not a provider issue as such, just one of those things I suppose.

I do the same, and just swap them over.

Back