Anyone got a Steam Deck?

thebesh

TK Supporter
Thinking about getting one of the new SteamDeck OLED models. One of my friends got one when they first came out. I had a shot of it for about 15mins and was quite impressed. The new model looks to have some good changes and I'm interested in using it for emulation as well as Steam games. I also run a Plex server at home, so being able to install an app to watch VOD is awesome. I may also use it for IPTV as well.

Does anyone have a SteamDeck? if so, what do you play on it and what else do you use it for?

I've been wanting to grab one for a few months kinda stuck though honestly cant decide if its worth the money or not. i know someone that has one that does not even turn his pc on anymore becuase he has that instead he said it's just too easy to use

Thinking about getting one of the new SteamDeck OLED models. One of my friends got one when they first came out. I had a shot of it for about 15mins and was quite impressed. The new model looks to have some good changes and I'm interested in using it for emulation as well as Steam games. I also run a Plex server at home, so being able to install an app to watch VOD is awesome. I may also use it for IPTV as well.

Does anyone have a SteamDeck? if so, what do you play on it and what else do you use it for?
From the reviews, it's oled screen, refresh rate is now 90hz and battery life is better also. I do think its quite bulky for gaming but it does seem to be the best portable option for gaming. I do think if it's anything like the 1st gen steam deck you will need to order ASAP and they were hard to get for a while

I heard there's like other bran's doing them too now cheaper with different styles and different specs might be worth looking

So what's the deal - anyone end up with an OLED? I have the OG steamdeck and love it - but tempted to upgrade. Wondering if it's worth my wife's anger at me spending the money.. LOL

Personally love my SD Oled but I mainly stream my ps5 to it, games look stunning on it. I would love to play the likes of Anno and king crusaders etc on it but haven't figured a way to play those sort of games on it yet. It's great to clear down those old titles you never bothered playing as you hate sitting at your gaming set up, well thats my best usecase for it lol

I got mine when they first came out so the non-OLED version. I loved it at first but quickly was disappointed in how bad some AAA games run on it. Once I accepted that it wasn’t replacing consoles for me, I embraced the emulation stuff you can do with it as well as playing lighter load type games (an ungodly amount of Vampire Survivors sunk into it 😂).

I got mine when they first came out so the non-OLED version. I loved it at first but quickly was disappointed in how bad some AAA games run on it. Once I accepted that it wasn’t replacing consoles for me, I embraced the emulation stuff you can do with it as well as playing lighter load type games (an ungodly amount of Vampire Survivors sunk into it 😂).
Yeah I haven't been to impressed with native triple A performance either but it's been fun to stream games on and the emulation is class. It's also really nice to hold and play on, something that really worried me before buying it.

Back