Anyone know what a ".000" file is?

wheelo

Admin
Staff member
TK Supporter
Hi Gang,
Here is a little teaser for you. A friend from work has his XBOX modded, and has downloaded a game to back up his original *cough, cough* and when he unzipped it using winrar, it unzipped to two files - one a dvd file which I would expect to see and the other is a .000 file (anything else that i have seen has a .ISO file and a .DVD file). the question is does he just burn it the usual, by right clicking on the DVD file and selecting "Burn using Imgburn"?, or does this .000 file have to be converted to something else?

as always, I appreciate your help (y)

by the way, just ran it through AGBX and it passed with flying colours,now how does he burn it?

Last edited:
its a hj split file file wheelo,you will have to download hjsplit re join them then and extract if i remember correctly,jdownloader has a setting to do it automatically

It may already be extracted if you have the .dvd file and is recognised with abgx.
Is it recognised with imgburn when he uses the .dvd to burn?

Okay lads, I got a copy of this to play around with, I could unzip it into a "VIDEO" and an "AUDIO" folder using 7-zip, but i dont think that is what is needed for an XBOX backup. I right click on the .dvd file and select "Burn using img burn" and it went off and burned the disc, i will have to test the disk, and I will re-post here with the results.

If its split into audio video file then its already extracted.
All my backups appear as one single winrar file even after extraction.
Wouldnt worry bout it, should play no problems.
If it wasnt extracted then abgx wouldnt recognise it for you to run the check on it.

cheers axxxo, it played perfect, normally i have an iso file and a dvd file, not a winrar file, but all is well that ends well, and the info is there should anyone else need it. (y)

Back