Anyone like bikes?

i said that wrong
its not the bottle holder itself its the bracket for it
if i remember right its a 52 or 53 something like that
and the front derailleur to be in the right line, lands right over the screw point for the bottle holder
a grinder will sort it no problem at all

What front mech are you using? and what style mount is it? if you are having the problem you're saying then that means you are using a front mech mount that was not originally designed for that frame.

There are 5 types of front mounts each to different standards of frames. What is important is you first find out which mount your frame type supports. If you have ran in to the problem you describe then you're using the wrong mount.

Use this link to identify which standard is right for your frame.

Derailleurs buying guide - Chain Reaction Cycles

Last edited:
Looking into getting a EBIKE myself, had a turn of 1 a few weeks back and WOW, amazing things compared too a non e bike, so ive been looking non stop for the correct 1 for daily commute and rides out on a night time/weekend

Had a mountain bike few years ago got it as a present on my Birthday but kept at old place when was living by myself for a bit and it got robbed.

Was devastated as knew how expensive of a present it was. Was a great bike also. Hardly any issue. Was smooth to ride.

You can convert that old bike thats in your shed to an ebike and its not too difficult.

There are load of Chinese kits around but I read so many bad reports about the build quality and reliability that I decided on a UK based kit. The kit comes complete with the front wheel which contains the drive motor, a controller which offers 3 levels of assistance (Note that this is a pedal assisted setup - if you stop pedaling, it stops assisting you) and a lithium battery pack and charger.

I get around 25 miles on a full charge and I'd say that I am doing the majority of the work. Where I live it very hilly but now I can tackle hills that havn't managed for 30 years +.
Until I dusted my old hybrid bike and fitted this kit, it hadn't been ridden for years, now 10-15 mile rides, once or twice a week is my norm.

The kit cost me around £1000, maybe not the cheapest, but I enjoyed the build, and it's a better than an off the peg one at that price.

A £1,000 for the kit any mountain bike good to go
I saw the spec in an earlier posting - 50 mph really?? I've never done more than 32 and that was going downhill with the wind behind me. Scared the s*** out of me. I'd worry that bike brakes wouldn't stop me quick enough at that speed. Good luck and ride safe

Any one thinking of converting a bike rear wheel drive is safer.

Built for me by my brother at a cost of under £600.
1000w 48v 21 gears 10ah li-on lithium battery
Max speed restricted 20mph Sport 35mph
Range 15-45 miles depending on how much you pedal97305596_284303999636651_8735085004633145344_n.jpg

Any one thinking of converting a bike rear wheel drive is safer.
I agree rear wheel motor is much better than front. Obviously depending on wattage/battery the larger the heavier it becomes.
Irrespective of power output, I personally still prefer the crank set up with the battery above, much better to have the weight in the middle of the bike lower down, but appreciate that the rear wheel kits are a lot cheaper.

Built for me by my brother at a cost of under £600.
1000w 48v 21 gears 10ah li-on lithium battery
Max speed restricted 20mph Sport 35mph
Range 15-45 miles depending on how much you pedalView attachment 51179
Just seen your picture, nice bike,

Got back on my mountain bike a couple of weeks ago after about 9 months, been going to the gym instead. Fed up waiting for them to reopen so got the bike back out, really enjoy it apart from I forgot about the sore arse you get at first even with a gel saddle. Now thinking of buying a road bike as well. Not going to carry on with gym membership.

the weather is the problem for me anyway
my gym has/had a technogym skillbike zwift

SKILLBIKE.jpg

its pretty good. you can add in your own rides and it will change the resistance can make it like a 14 degree slope
could never afford it. but the weather is always good on it

I'm not too bad when it comes to riding in the rain as long as it's not a monsoon. I struggled with biking in the gym because of the boredom!

If I head out, then it starts raining, I don't mind I'll continue on, but I find it extremely difficult to motivate myself if I'm looking out at bad weather before I leave.
Have to agree with gravehead on the stationary Versus actual bikes ~ I find excercise bikes boring ~ I can at most do a half hour before getting bored, but I'll gladly hop on my bike for three/four hours no problem.

i always liked seeing the cyclists come to the spin class for the first time
thinking they could spin

not the same thing at all
its the same as the bike i posted above there is no coasting

i always liked seeing the cyclists come to the spin class for the first time
thinking they could spin

not the same thing at all
its the same as the bike i posted above there is no coasting
Few times when they say turn the tension knob tighter i have pretended because i have been fooked.

Few times when they say turn the tension knob tighter i have pretended because i have been fooked.

lol
everyone does that

our gym ones are technogym Group Cycle Ride
they are linked to a computer with the instructor so they can see the level
its not like the ones where you twist. you get a level from 1-20, 20 hardest and they can see it
you can also see everyones level in class

so you always see the ones that do no effort
i miss it

I played around with bikes all my life , cheap and expensive one's, you get what you pay for. Never had a Cube road but a few MTB's over the years, always liked them (nice choice of tyres) 4 seasons easily the toughest for your money.
Specialized myself. Still ride my old Roubaix Pro from 2008. only thing I've changed are the wheels to Mavic Kysrium Elite

Back