April Fools JOkes - who fell for them??

Linny40

TK LADY VETERAN
ok so who is sad enough to have fallen for the jokes that have been going around this morning??

on fb 3 people said they were having babies - one even went so far as to put pix on her profile of the scan lol - she pinched from a friend!! but loads of people fell for all three - but not me, i made comments after 12.
Ive not seen the papers so have no idea what was in those this morning.

LOL, oh i've seen people changing their relationship statuses on Facebook to fool everyone, but personally i havent been fooled. lol

very dissappointing year this year, there weren't too many around, but i still haven't opened the paper to see what was aimed at the world at large:quote:

nope did`nt have any, but a nice one in the sun about first taste page, muppets up and down the country would of been licking there paper.LOL

Found this one :)

Today’s vowel outage

Thursday, April 01, 2010 6:49 AM

Posted by Sam Schillace, Gmail Engineering Director

If you logged into Gmail over the last hour (or visited the Gmail homepage), you probably noticed that something looked a bit off: all the vowels are missing. We realize this makes things difficult for all of you who rely on Gmail — whether at home or at work — and we’re incredibly sorry. We take morphological issues like this extremely seriously, so we want to let you all know what happened and what we're doing about it.

At 6:01 am Pacific Time, during routine maintenance at one of our datacenters, the frontend web servers in that particular datacenter started failing to render the letter 'a' for a subset of users. As error rates escalated, the strain spread to other datacenters. We worked quickly to avoid a cascading failure of the entire alphabet by implementing a stopgap solution that limited the damage to the letters 'a,' 'e,' 'i,' 'o,' and 'u.' As a result, we're experiencing Gmail’s first temporary vowel outage. (We’re still investigating whether the letter 'y' is impacted and will post an update here shortly.)

Code:
http://gmailblog.blogspot.com/

Click on google mail :)

Last edited:
"Thierry Henry to open the new Aviva Stadium" in Dublin was a particular lame one in this mornings Irish Star

seen the best one yesterday even though it was a day early ,it said ,that the govt. were going to give OUR money to the banks to bail out all the builders and developers that have brought these banks to their knees,now that made me laugh so much just couldnt figure out why they put an April Fools Day joke in the paper a day early :dunno:

I didn't see any shenanigans yesterday...one of the guys at work pretended to staple his finger to his shirt but that was all.

My brother's work (steel fabricators) had another company send a new guy in to ask them for a "punch" but they were all too slow to pick it up.

Well there ya go, I fell for the one on Deviant Art too until you posted the other thread Linny lol

Last edited:
I didn't see any shenanigans yesterday...one of the guys at work pretended to staple his finger to his shirt but that was all.

My brother's work (steel fabricators) had another company send a new guy in to ask them for a "punch" but they were all too slow to pick it up.

Well there ya go, I fell for the one on Deviant Art too until you posted the other thread Linny lol
yes my son was not to impressed with that one session - its all back to normal now lol!

Back