Are Sky UK Lines Back?

dylan333

Hi, I used to have an Openbox until 2017, when Sky SD started to close down on those boxes. Since then, I’ve had Sky Q. I’ve decided to cancel that and was going to get an Enigma2 box to watch Freesat and IPTV. However, browsing the forum, it appears that it still might be possible to get Sky via cardsharing.

If I understand correctly, you can get Sky HD with a Viark box, and you can get Sky SD with an Enigma2 box. Is this correct? Also, how reliable are these lines? With my old C line from many years ago, it was flawless 99.9% of the time.

As well as that, Sky are about to make their SD channels DVB-S2. Does this mean that they’ll stop working on Enigma2 boxes? I believe the movies and sports are going to be changed over later this month.

Thanks for your help.

Hi, I used to have an Openbox until 2017, when Sky SD started to close down on those boxes. Since then, I’ve had Sky Q. I’ve decided to cancel that and was going to get an Enigma2 box to watch Freesat and IPTV. However, browsing the forum, it appears that it still might be possible to get Sky via cardsharing.

If I understand correctly, you can get Sky HD with a Viark box, and you can get Sky SD with an Enigma2 box. Is this correct? Also, how reliable are these lines? With my old C line from many years ago, it was flawless 99.9% of the time.

As well as that, Sky are about to make their SD channels DVB-S2. Does this mean that they’ll stop working on Enigma2 boxes? I believe the movies and sports are going to be changed over later this month.

Thanks for your help.
You answered your own question get a viark box for proper HD. SD stream relay is if you can possibly find a provider and it will not last much longer anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
You answered your own question get a viark box for proper HD. SD stream relay is shite if you can possibly find a provider and it will not last much longer anyway.
Why isn’t SD very good? Other than the fact that it’s not HD, does it glitch a lot or something?

SD will shortly no longer broadcast or the good stuff anyway.

Not worth pursuing Stream Relay SD
Is this because of Sky making SD channels DVB-S2?

Why isn’t SD very good? Other than the fact that it’s not HD, does it glitch a lot or something?
No SD quality is not good compared to HD that is not the point ,even if you manage to get sly uk icam subscription sly are going to remove SD channels

What’s the benefits of having satellite these days then? I’m curious, been considering it but wanted to understand the benefits (if any)

What’s the benefits of having satellite these days then? I’m curious, been considering it but wanted to understand the benefits (if any)
I may be wrong but less delay and stream quality, I am not a gambler but a few minutes can make a big dfference :smiley:

I'm quite happy with FTA channels on sat and IPTV streams in my bouquets.
Can't imagine faffing about with an IPTV box to watch FTA telly.
Also happy with SD documentaries. Most of them were made in SD anyway.

View attachment 103587
so once your SD goes you’ll just switch to IPTV instead, along with the FTA from the dish? Also do you have any services from over seas? I always see talks around channels from Germany or Italy etc but I’ve never really understood why that would be good to have unless you can speak those languages.

I've got a GTmedia box for Sky De on 19.2E.
Most movies and documentaries were made in English anyway. You just choose the English audio. I don't really watch sport.
There are no adverts in the documentaries on Sky De either.
I can't stand bloody adverts. I record nearly everything I watch and can just skip the adverts with a quick press of the 9 button.

Sky HD UK is open on Viark type boxes and sd open on E2, with motorised dish or dish with multiple lnbs there are multiple packages on most sats open via forever server (viark) or a good e2 eurosat server line.

Sky HD UK is open on Viark type boxes and sd open on E2, with motorised dish or dish with multiple lnbs there are multiple packages on most sats open via forever server (viark) or a good e2 eurosat server line.
thanks that’s some good info, so you can’t get 1 box that does it all!? That’s interesting.

thanks that’s some good info, so you can’t get 1 box that does it all!? That’s interesting.
You can I've got one here called a Qviart Dual. Problem is the Android side needs a little work and that side connects to the forever server and opens sky HD UK. The e2 side works OK and it's has four slots available for different images.

You can I've got one here called a Qviart Dual. Problem is the Android side needs a little work and that side connects to the forever server and opens sky HD UK. The e2 side works OK and it's has four slots available for different images.
Thanks pal, I heard about that box last year, is it still buggy or has all that mostly been sorted now?

Back