Are Vu+ duo2's still worth it?

Sm1

Had a zgemma h2s for a while now and want to upgrade to something that can run full kodi , run oscam and fit an internal drive.
I've noticed the vu+ duo2 has dropped a little in price at the reputable seller websites and wondered if they are still one of the better boxes out there still?
Are they worth spending £300 on in 2017 seeing as they came out a while ago or are the newer ultimo 4K and solo 4K that much superior?

I'm not fussed about 4K really but I want something with proper oomph in the hardware department.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I never regretted getting my duo 2 never had any problems has two cable and two sat tuners and internal hard drive wouldn't swap it

Anybody got both the duo 2 and newer 4k solo , Uno or Ultimo?
Is there no real difference other than the 4k

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

yes i have duo2 and the solo 4k and they are great boxes if you don't want to go the 4k way then yes its worth paying the extra for the Duo2

I think my mind's made up then... I'll order one tomorrow.
Thanks for the input peeps

I never regretted getting my duo 2 never had any problems has two cable and two sat tuners and internal hard drive wouldn't swap it

Please can you tell me how you got two sat and two cable tuners on the box?

I don't see these anywhere online and i'm looking for one with 4 tuners.

Don't they just have extra slots so u can add tuner cards to them. I know on certain sites it'll ask which secondary tuner you'd like fitted.

I have a DM800 H2S and Solo2 and Solo2 far superior in my opinion, must faster box compared to the other two. Worth the 200 odd pounds I spent on it

The box supports the later twin tuners they brought out too. See you know whose site or even the VU websiite "2 X S2/C/T2. Up to 4 tuners supported"...

Had a zgemma h2s for a while now and want to upgrade to something that can run full kodi , run oscam and fit an internal drive.
I've noticed the vu+ duo2 has dropped a little in price at the reputable seller websites and wondered if they are still one of the better boxes out there still?
Are they worth spending £300 on in 2017 seeing as they came out a while ago or are the newer ultimo 4K and solo 4K that much superior?

I'm not fussed about 4K really but I want something with proper oomph in the hardware department.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There are cheaper options but if the cost not an issue stick with VU+

Personally I would look at alternatives as cost less.

Notice your using an iPad so you like paying extra for branded products - VU+ all the way

Haha... Normally I'd agree with that comment tonystark7 but I've never paid for an apple product. Perks of being an iOS and android Dev in my spare time .
Just want something that's well supported, looks good on the shelf and does what it says on the tin.
Now having said that, I thought I'd made my mind up but noticed the duo2 doesn't have an fbc tuner so now I'm unsure again.

Does anybody know if or when vu+ might release plug n play fbc tuners and the likelyhood of them being backward compatible with the duo2?

Back