Windows Vista asus pc with washed out image icons

cactikid

VIP Member
dont know what happened i was streaming music from site and when i looked at icons on lower bar very faded and any message on screen i cannot read,seems to be a haze spreading down from left top corner on avidaz monitor.i have also got a yamaha ysp-900 mounted slightly above,rebooting is still the same as i cannot read any icons or see where safe mode is ROFL.

hi cactikid can you see anything when you switch the computer on at all? normally when you switch the computer on you can see the computers name or something like that, if you can see that screen ok before it boots into windows then it may be as something as simple as the screen resolution

no even booting up the asus logo is all distorted along the edges,windows logo looks ok but background fading from left top corner,last time i had similar problem was caused by speaker magnet pulling the colours off a tv screen.windows and other icons are in a different colour and faded.any message i see too rough to read. i will try a another pc and lead to see if a screen or pc problem.

thats a dam nice system you have hanging over the screen, quiet possible its distorted the screen alright :(

that was an old cast off from my setup downstairs as i upgraded to an onkyo amp and klipsch speakers 7-1.i messed around from the monitor menu settings in colour and hey presto normal screening returns lol.i chatted to my mate in pc shop and he said some programs alter things on screen and maybe that is what happened.
thanks again for input.

Back