ASUS RT-AC86U Wi-Fi AC2900 Gigabit Gaming Router VPN Router £79.49 Amazon France

Ferret.

Administrator
Staff member
3885784_1.jpg

Absolute steal this lads for a very capable VPN router capable of running just specific devices through VPN and not all your devices. Just flash with Merlin Firmware.

I have one at this price its the dogs dangles

Ultimate gaming experience - Built-in WTFast® game accelerator and Adaptive QoS deliver lag-free online gaming and smooth 4K UHD streaming
Ultrafast Wi-Fi - AC2900 W-Fi speeds boosted with NitroQAM™ and 5GHz quad-stream technology to handle even the busiest home networks with ease
Ultrawide Coverage – High-performance antennas, ASUS AiRadar and Range Boost eliminate dead spots, and MU-MIMO maximises Multi-device performance
Ultrapowerful Processor – Enjoy smoother networking and faster data transfers with the PC-grade 1.8GHz 64bit dual-core processor
Commercial-grade Security – AiProtection, powered by Trend Micro™, blocks and neutralises internet security threats for all your connected smart devices
AiMesh Supported - Connect your RT-AC86U to other compatible ASUS routers to create a powerful and flexible whole-home Wi-Fi network

https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B07595BZJV?smid=A1X6FK5RDHNB96&tag=hotukdeals06-21

Deffinatly looks a decent router that bud may buy it see if I can put my router in modem mode or get the credentials from ee to add to it lol

Deffinatly looks a decent router that bud may buy it see if I can put my router in modem mode or get the credentials from ee to add to it lol
Its not a ADSL router mate, this is a router for Virgin broadband there is a ADSL version of the router however its not currently on offer.

As above can possibly be bridged but id wait for a ADSL version to come on offer.

Just a note on its VPN performance im on a 200meg Virgin line and running Nord VPN via this my speeds connected to London range from 138meg to 156meg. Has some decent ram and CPU muscle the AC86U to achieve that.

Every dodgy box in the house goes through VPN.

Just a note on its VPN performance im on a 200meg Virgin line and running Nord VPN via this my speeds connected to London range from 138meg to 156meg. Has some decent ram and CPU muscle the AC86U to achieve that.

Every dodgy box in the house goes through VPN.
Which Nord server do you connect to, to get that speed ?

I don't seem to get much more than 100mb with Nord.

Does the router play a big part in the speed of the VPN ? I'm using a Linksys WRT3200ACM.

Its not a ADSL router mate, this is a router for Virgin broadband there is a ADSL version of the router however its not currently on offer.

As above can possibly be bridged but id wait for a ADSL version to come on offer.
Cheers bud wasn’t aware of that 👌👌

Does the router play a big part in the speed of the VPN ? I'm using a Linksys WRT3200ACM.
At work there is a screen shot on here i posted somewhere ill see if i can find it

Mythic Beast is the server mate

Horrific download speed through VPN

And yes the more cpu and ram your router has the quicker it deals with the VPN encryption giving better connection speeds. This router can decrypt the VPN encryption on the fly which yields faster speeds.

Bought this router a couple of years ago for £180, so deffo a bargain and works spot on with my virgin router in modem mode. Got Surfshark on it as vpn client, no loss of speed whatsoever. I'm paying for 100mb broadband and getting just over that (see pic)
I wouldn't hesitate to get it at that price(y)

Speedtest.png

Back