Audio description on Openbox V8

willmoore

I am getting an audio description on some shows and can't find how to switch it off. On doing a search there's an AUDIO button on the remote on earlier models and it is switched on and off via this. I have a V8 and this does not have an AUDIO button. I have tried shouting at it but no joy. Can anyone advise ?

Looks like you have one of the remotes that only have 39 buttons instead of 50/51.

You can still access the audio selection by pressing M/P. Select "Audio switch LR". Select a different audio stream.

thanks - it's not doing it now (perhaps shouting at it did work ) If it happens again I will try your suggestions - cheers.

Please can you help me on this issue, i have a remote controller with 39 buttons but if I press M/P it doesn't show anything, where I can find and select "Audio switch LR"

Please help me, thank you

I have just purchased a V8 Pro combo. I also have this problem with come channels just can't find out how to solve it anywhere. There is no way to stop audio description. Funny thing is I only have it on a few channels the most annoying is BBC2 HD. I have reinstalled firmware and downloaded fresh sat list for air.

If you have an m/p button on your remote press that button and click on the speaker icon.select a different eng audio stream.Or press the audio button to the left of 0 button and select different eng audio stream.
laserguy100

Have you switched to lcpm output in menu/tv system/digital audio out.and selected lcpm?
You should get dolby on a lot of channels and try that.
laserguy100

Have you switched to lcpm output in menu/tv system/digital audio out.and selected lcpm?
You should get dolby on a lot of channels and try that.
laserguy100

This option is not available on the V8 Pro Combo

Hi
Im not familiar with that model of openbox. But from your post earlier you say you have disabled the audio description? I would ask member the reaper.
laserguy100

The second audio selection does work just have to wait a few seconds and the sound comes back on, thanks guys this has been bugging me for a few weeks but the m/p button thing does work. It only does audio description on a few channels and it hadn't bothered me until today when I was trying to watch something.

Back