Auto Timers

Brock

I can't quite get my head around the way some of the auto timers work, or don't work as the case may be!

In the main they work fine but for example if I set an auto timer for a prog which starts before midnight and goes into the next day it never seems to add it to my Timers list even though it's in the auto timers list. EG if I set The NFL Show to series link this Sat night at 11:45pm on BBC1, it won't record it, it adds it to my auto timers but not the timers list?

Another example is when the name of the prog changes slightly. E.G. I wanted to series link the F1 races but they all have the race name in the title (Live Abu Dhabi Grand Prix), I series linked from the last race and I have an auto timer set to record any "Live Grand Prix" at anytime on Sun, but again it doesn't pick the prog up in my timer list for this Sunday? The auto timers are set to "Partial Match" which is supposed to match any progs with part of the title description in it but it doesn't seem to work.

Am I doing something wrong with the 2 scenarios above or are the auto timers just a bit temperamental in that regard?

Thanks. :)

And what settings are you doing
have you ever added one in open webif or on the box edited the filleters

Not touched webif and all the other settings are the default auto timer settings.

Like I say all other auto timers seem to work fine. Just ones which go over midnight or things like the F1 GP's don't seem to series link.

Ok I'll try that for the prog which starts before midnight. Thanks.

Not sure why the F1 GP's don't record though when it should pick them up from having "Live Grand Prix" in the title.

I know but it always has Live Grand Prix in the title so the partial match setting should pick it up but I'm not sure that partial match option actually works

Back