Automatic CrossEPG update

zoof2

Hi all ,
I currently have two N lines running in in mgcamd 1.38 on the latest vix image .
One is a sly line via satellite (tuner a and b) and one is a vm line via cable (tuner c ).

It all seems to be working ok the only problem I'm having is that the scheduled epg download works fine on the sat side but when I switch over to cable the EPG has not updated and has to be done manually.

Is this down to a settings as I have set up the scheduled download and updated the providers etc etc ..
Any help would be appreciated !!

Don't use crossepg for vermin either use epgrefresh plugin or set a daily timer to switch/record a couple of minutes of one of the showcase channels that will give you the most accurate as rytec sources aren't the best in my experience.

Thanks i shall give epgrefresh a shot . Never used it before are there any recommendations for settings ?

I haven't used it for ages I just have a recording set for 3am every day no hardship to go in and delete every now and again but I have internal hard drive

epg-importer and epg-refresh are the way to go with virmin. you will need rytek virgin uk xmltv to select from sources.

No need to use epg importer if you use refresh or rytec for that matter changing the channel to one of the showcase channels populates the epg hence the record timer.

Back