HD51 4K AX HD51 New User

Hello Gurus, I tried installing Vix on my old hd51 as I was unable to connect my box to PC using Pli. The picture quality improved on vix and I loved it. Only problem was I used recovery image as USB one was giving me no partition error. Still with vix I was unable to log into the box. Any one by one instructions in order to succeed in logging as I need to load oscam plugins for my lines

Hello Gurus, I tried installing Vix on my old hd51 as I was unable to connect my box to PC using Pli. The picture quality improved on vix and I loved it. Only problem was I used recovery image as USB one was giving me no partition error. Still with vix I was unable to log into the box. Any one by one instructions in order to succeed in logging as I need to load oscam plugins for my lines
if anything like most newer images you need to go to network settings and setup password.

if anything like most newer imagers you need to go to network settings and settup password.
Yes have been reading a lot about that, but the whole weekend have been trying but no connection. If i set the password nothing happens, up until i tried to switch images but still no progress.

Yes have been reading a lot about that, but the whole weekend have been trying but no connection. If i set the password nothing happens, up until i tried to switch images but still no progress.
So you have changed the password under Network-Password then rebooted.

What are you trying to connect with Filezilla ?

So you have changed the password under Network-Password then rebooted.

What are you trying to connect with Filezilla ?
Yes changed password rebooted and using filezilla, putty, and another tool from willow build site. The only time it showed up on windows network is when I tried openAtv but then it was asking for credentials. When I put password it was it was rejecting.

Just seeking clarification on IP addresses. Do these boxes have dedicated IP or are just generated by network. For instance AX HD51.

Just seeking clarification on IP addresses. Do these boxes have dedicated IP or are just generated by network. For instance AX HD51.
It will be issued under DHCP but you can set it astatic IP that wont change if you want to.

It will be issued under DHCP but you can set it astatic IP that wont change if you want to.
Ok as of now will work on network until I connect to PC. I read that if you load image through recovery method then you must do normal loading in order to bring the box to it's normal state. I will load older version of Vix and search for new new version online and let it load normally.

Ok as of now will work on network until I connect to PC. I read that if you load image through recovery method then you must do normal loading in order to bring the box to it's normal state. I will load older version of Vix and search for new new version online and let it load normally.
If you want to use vix try 'willow build.' lt will save you a load of hassle.

If you want to use vix try 'willow build.' lt will save you a load of hassle.
Up until I succeed in logging into the box. I have failed again today. Box is showing in windows explorer but access denied. Will keep on trying until I get it done

Up until I succeed in logging into the box. I have failed again today. Box is showing in windows explorer but access denied. Will keep on trying until I get it done
This seems more like a windows issue to me.

If you can login to the box why do you require it to be visible in windows. ? Use filezilla and telnet to do what you need to on the box.

This seems more like a windows issue to me.

If you can login to the box why do you require it to be visible in windows. ? Use filezilla and telnet to do what you need to on the box.
Yes I suspect that as well filezilla can not log in. It's actually in window when I click on network there's axhd51 appearing on the window as a network item. It's only when I click to open it that it asks for credentials. Host name is recognised as axd51 but when I typed a password access is denied.

Id concentrate on getting logged in with filezilla first to establish you have the correct login without complicating it with widows.

As willow stated above

User=root

So in filezilla

Host= IP address of the hd51
Username= root
password= the password you set under Network-password on the hd51

Back