Backup messages interrupting viewing

Palm_Sunday

Every evening during prime watching hours I'm getting pop up messages on my e2 vix box asking me if its ok to make an image backup and then the same asking about a full system backup.
Is there a way to change the timing of these or disable them?

Its an ET8500 running vix 4.1.016

---------- Post Merged at 10:35 AM ----------

Software update settings have auto backups set to "no"

baffled on that as flashed 2 boxes in last week and not happening and never happened.gone through settings and nothing listed on solo2.

Every evening during prime watching hours I'm getting pop up messages on my e2 vix box asking me if its ok to make an image backup and then the same asking about a full system backup.
Is there a way to change the timing of these or disable them?
Very same problem here. Same box and same image. Annoying

have to ask are you both running vix stock images or added other things like builds skins etc,i only use stock images,no picons,and a confluence skin from downloads.both of you might have something i dont have / use ??

have to ask are you both running vix stock images or added other things like builds skins etc,i only use stock images,no picons,and a confluence skin from downloads.both of you might have something i dont have / use ??

I am using Les SlyHD skin here.

Think an error on Les's build for some I'm afraid. Try updating but you'll need to reflash to 4.2 anyway if want to move on

dont tell shronk he is bald enough and new image is a complete new flash setup and no settings restore:eyes::nolisten::nolisten:lol.

these new builds might have access to other things and set at default?

I like a simple life. Have changed image and constant backup suggestion seems to have gone.
Now trying to find image that allows use of videoenhancement plugin and user interface. I WILL get there.

Hi all

Sorry I vanished, family death to deal with but will be back to normal ASAP :)

I've PM'ed Wheelo about a new guide been posted and I'll be doing a basic backup image for flashing without any added features. I know the previous backup by "He who shall not be named" lol did try and support all boxes but reading the forum I think making a guide for a basic flash then doing add on guides will help people customise their own box to personal taste and settings will help newbies with their box.

I see some great posts by you guys/gals for sorting issues, adding cool features so all that in 1 place would be great, a real forum get together of tip and tricks (y)

Sort of, I've done a backup image in the Setup guide, its the latest Vix and fully setup for use right away. Its got less of the addon's the previous image had by les but comes with a upto date EPG, channel scan and Picons etc so is usable right from the word go.

I'm getting a "No thread specified " message when I try to follow the link in your signature to the setup guide. Is that just me?

Back