Backup streams

locuppy

Just wanted to garner opinions on this one, in relation to having backup providers. Currently using mol3 with a good provider no issues, but with mol and I assume tivimate you can configure more than one source, I think up to 4. So my question is (don't really know what my question is) more curious do ppl on here have multiple sources, if so what benefit do you see on daily use, with performance? Is it worth it cost wise (that question makes no sense, if anyone has a opinion interested to hear) is there a great deal of difference between the majority of providers where it's visible? Just after the general consensus on running more than one source, just curious to learn. Cheers

Some people like to have a back up just in case anything goes wrong at least he has a back up to fall onto and some provider do offer back up option for a discount if you already have a sub with them. Cost wise it will still be cheaper for what you get from an IPTV package.

Hope this helps

Yeah just trying to understand the whole landscape as you see some people with multiple sources not just a backup, thinking that is a bit overkill. Just trying to get my head round it and what the reasoning would be, interested to find out ppl's train of thoughts around it cheers.

Yeah just trying to understand the whole landscape as you see some people with multiple sources not just a backup, thinking that is a bit overkill. Just trying to get my head round it and what the reasoning would be, interested to find out ppl's train of thoughts around it cheers.
There are a lot of reasoning about it. Some servers are good with good quality streams but maybe don't have for example Japan TV or korea TV and he wants this as well so he would be happy to buy a back up which will include those as well and some other reasoning but I am sure other people will come to give you some more reason pal.

Reasoning is simple ...no IPTV service is 💯 fail proof...hence some people get a backup...one goes down you still have an alternative. ..don't even need to go down has buffer issues ..switch over...still way cheaper than paying for legit services.

if you provider is in jail, multiple backup streams ain't gonna help. A service from another server / provider most likely still will be working, thats the logic.

or even if you have four different subscriptions and the misses is saying I watched this before a repeat what can you say Sly repeats all month but even with USA and Canadian chanels she still complains or she may say that is not the correct episode epg can change :LOL:

I personally, can live without IPTV for a few days if my current one goes tits up. Why pay €60 x 2 just in case?
Pay one, and hope for the best. There have been many instances where two or three providers have gone down together ad they are using the same source for their streams?, in which case you have lost both €60's.

I watch mostly freesat anyway, use IPTV for football and series/films.

I can live without IPTV for a few days also but my RD account would not be so easy.
Here's another question then, what does RD/stremio offer that a good iptv vod service doesn't offer. What benefits does he having all that setup offer? Excuse my ignorance but of a learning curve, cheers.

Here's another question then, what does RD/stremio offer that a good iptv vod service doesn't offer. What benefits does he having all that setup offer? Excuse my ignorance but of a learning curve, cheers.
The layout of Stremio is pretty great compared to most IPTVs for on demand content. I've found better quality content in 4K HDR easier as well

That would be my main reasons but there may be others as well

Some of the benefits for me:

RD reasonably priced abt £36 for year
Can use on multiple devices on same IP at same time.
Not asking someone to load a series or waiting for them.
Quality of stream is way better u could if ur setup allows play a 60gb movie file.
Plenty of streams so if one doesn't work another will.
You can adjust layout etc.

For me RD and use of Syncler way better

I don’t use Stremio but Weyd and Syncler. I have access to way more content and lots of content with Dolby vision,HDR and Dolby audio. Trakt integration.
The customisation that I have within the apps.
Access to my RD account and my own personal Torrents.
€32 a year for an RD account is a no brainer imo.

Last edited:
Back