Bad picture on 90 cm dish

cactikid

VIP Member
Not got a better service since my sky dish on 19.2 was replaced with a 90cm fixed dish with 2 quad lnbs on 13 and 19.2 and when stormy very bad break up of picture.He used smaller sat cable think it was Triax. I can see plenty of movement on the arm in strong winds.This is on a formuler box.

For now i have switched off the sat on an et 8000 due to damaged cable and using fallback tuner on my et 10000 which is on motorised on chimney and viewing is ok from that.

So question is do others have bad breakup on 90cm in windy conditions?.

Not got a better service since my sky dish on 19.2 was replaced with a 90cm fixed dish with 2 quad lnbs on 13 and 19.2 and when stormy very bad break up of picture.He used smaller sat cable think it was Triax. I can see plenty of movement on the arm in strong winds.This is on a formuler box.

For now i have switched off the sat on an et 8000 due to damaged cable and using fallback tuner on my et 10000 which is on motorised on chimney and viewing is ok from that.

So question is do others have bad breakup on 90cm in windy conditions?.
I have a multi-sat 1.1m Triax dish for 13, 19.2, 23.5 and 28.2 with no noticeable difference in high wind conditions. However during heavy rain or snow several channels break up or don't show. I think maybe those satellite signals break up in the sky before they ever reach my dish. Most channels are ok and not broken up so maybe it depends on transponder frequency?

Last edited:
I have to get my sat guy back as i need a new cable on my motorised sat dish as some idiot cut it and rejoined it and have issues on that one.
New fixed dish is only 6 months up and has stability issues in the wind,so unsure if the arm is lighter in strength and bends in a strong wind.

First thing to do is get rid of the joined up cable, that won't help. You need a decent pole for a bigger dish, well any dish really

You could heath robinson a couple of support arms from the lnb bracket to the side of the dish.
A larger dish is less forgiving with accuracy,

First thing to do is get rid of the joined up cable, that won't help. You need a decent pole for a bigger dish, well any dish really

How did you know he was Polish as i never said :fearscream:.Whole new kit was installed as old dish and lnb still mounted on it.When that is fixed he can run a new cable to motorised lnb and reroute cable a different way.

I use wf 100 for all installations Then there is
No return visits There is a method for securing
Your dish arm The square hole in the dish arm
Where the cable is feed through to.connect to
The l.n.b Slide a bit off metal with a hole drilled with fishing line attached
You can then drill a hole on the bottom side off the dish attach the fishing line to secure the arm

Back