Balearics Eco Tourism Tax

Ok thanks, we'll need to go through the list to see who is over 16. It's 4 star so 4 Euro per day, maybe next time look for a 1 star apartment lol

I thought they had gotten rid of that - It was challenged in the european courts. we were in Majorca the first year it came in, and we were advised to keep the receipts in case it was ruled illegal as the rest of Spain hadn't got it.
I think they are still the only part of Spain to have it - it is not there in the canary islands, nor mainland Spain.
It was put down as an environment tax - to keep the environment free of pollution die to waste water, extra rubbish, etc due to tourism.

For me, it was only going to be done away with if the tourist numbers went down drastically, which they didn't. They seem to have forgotten that most of there economy is due to the tourist Euro.

It would be wiser for them to include it in the price and say nothing to the punter, just send it quarterly from hotel to government

Beni is not a mayor, the rest possibly.
If a hotel has 10 rooms, then 40 euro per night to the exchequer

Hi guys, heading to Majorca myself in August with the family and this is the 1st I've heard of the tourist tax. How do they collect it from you, is it the resort or when you land in the airport.

Hi guys, heading to Majorca myself in August with the family and this is the 1st I've heard of the tourist tax. How do they collect it from you, is it the resort or when you land in the airport.

From what ive read they collect it when you check in the hotel then the hotel hands in the money annually to the government, I bet the hotels keep some though.....

Back