BBC etc at 27.5W

brodev

Does anyone know if this receiver is capable of receiving the BBC stations at 27.5W, transmitting on 11495V SR44100? These have BISS coding so any box needs to be able to decode BISS and also be able to handle a SR of 44100.

Thanks for the reply RustyMG I knew about both these links but neither of them tell me whether or not the Zgemma 2s can cope with the high SR 44100. I don't wish to buy one unless I know it will work.

One of the reasons I came on here was to find out the same. I have seen on other forums that it is possible with a VU 2 solo with lots of plugins and setting up using a Vix image but as yet not the Zgemma 2s .
Definitely not straight out of the box when I bought mine ZG2 i did see the Symbol Rate was not shown as being sufficient for Intelsat 907 ( cant find that spec now) and no mention of Biss but that what plugins can do.
I currently use Icecrypt 1600 and also a 3200 with two Dishes with mult o/p Lnbs combined via Dissc? switches. They do the job easily and cheaply. However their facilities are nowhere near the ZG2 . As epg on the Icecrypts are only Now and next, 8 event timer and single tuner. Due to all the available progs on 907 being on the same Transponder its possible to record 1 ch and watch another though. The Gemma has 7 day EPG twin tuner and auto updates to channel changes, so its more user friendly. But we live in hope!

I can't receive that satellite so can't say definitively. I can say that OScam does support BISS and in theory, Enigma2 does support the high SR. You should also be able too record multiple channels off the same transponder subject to having a fast enough processor and recording device.

I am using a technomat TM F3/5 to receive 27.5W and 28.2E at the moment I would like to upgrade to a Zgemma 2s but it's not worth buying one only to discover that it won't decode the BBC stations.

Back