BBC have announced a range of changes

Hi guys, just wondering am i doing something wrong on ABM.

Last few days when watching the news on bbc 1 i the get programmes will resume at XX:XX when the national news switches to the local news.
Then i have to find the BBC south HD channel manually by pressing the down button and then the red button. Is there a way i can swap the channel so my 101 is the bbc south HD channel?

Current ABM setting for sky UK is :

Meridian South SD Custom
Create Main Bouquet: Yes (All channels)
Create sections Bouquet: Yes
No to everything else.

If not in setting is there something i can change manually in the ABM config file?

Hi guys, just wondering am i doing something wrong on ABM.

Last few days when watching the news on bbc 1 i the get programmes will resume at XX:XX when the national news switches to the local news.
Then i have to find the BBC south HD channel manually by pressing the down button and then the red button. Is there a way i can swap the channel so my 101 is the bbc south HD channel?

Current ABM setting for sky UK is :

Meridian South SD Custom
Create Main Bouquet: Yes (All channels)
Create sections Bouquet: Yes
No to everything else.

If not in setting is there something i can change manually in the ABM config file?
Have you tried in ABM selecting Update Provider Files just in case there has been changes

Yes did that this morning, i can let you know how i get on when the news comes later, but still dont think its picking up bbc 1 south .

Maybe the swaps need updating/conditioning. I will run with your selection later in day. If changes are made, I will comment in this thread. You can then update provider files and run again.

Or just swap to the HD region

Just enabling the "swap channels" should resolve the issue.

There is no longer an SD local version of BBC one for your region. The following swaps exist, but both 115 and 801 have BBC HD, so I am not sure which will take precedence. Hopefully it is the correct one for you.

<channel number="101" with="115" conditional="'BBC One' in service_hd['service_name']"/> <!-- BBC One HD -->
<channel number="101" with="801" conditional="'BBC One' in service_hd['service_name']"/> <!-- BBC One HD -->

If it isn't, you can copy and put the provider file in /etc/enigma2/AutoBouquetsMaker/providers/ and make the edits you need.

I think people in migrated HD regions should start using the HD region. Hopefully all the FTA channels will be in HD when the BBC Sd channels switch off next year.

Last edited:
just done it and it is fixed on the sky uk - entertainment bouquet everything in the right order with the correct HD swaps, for some reason the all channels bouquet order went super funny (alibi at the top of the list) but i can live with that.

@Abu Baniaz , is there any reason for /etc/enigma2/AutoBouquetsMaker/providers/ to be empty I thought that was where ABM was supposed to store the provider files or is that just for personal edited ones,
I thought Custom folder was for that all my ones in custom still have EXAMPLE_ in name but have been updated when ABM runs at 07.00

@Abu Baniaz , is there any reason for /etc/enigma2/AutoBouquetsMaker/providers/ to be empty I thought that was where ABM was supposed to store the provider files or is that just for personal edited ones,
I thought Custom folder was for that all my ones in custom still have EXAMPLE_ in name but have been updated when ABM runs at 07.00
It's an alternative location. You can use either. I think the enigma2 folder takes precedence.
I use a favourites.xml rather than a custommix.xml and it works fine in /etc/enigma2/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom/

The /etc/enigma2 folder is a user folder that takes precedence over the system one, just like satellites.xml. So people can make changes that are not overwritten by system updates and also get backed up by all images.

@prit224
Can you please send me the debug log showing your ABM run so we can understand this alibi issue you encountered. If you are going to upload to forum, please ensure no IPTV details are contained.

@prit224
Can you please send me the debug log showing your ABM run so we can understand this alibi issue you encountered. If you are going to upload to forum, please ensure no IPTV details are contained.

hi Abu,
I dont think there is an error, ive fixed it for now by changing create main bouquet from Yes (all channels) to No.

Ive just run again doing as Yes (all channels). attached pics.
Just a really dumb question where do i find the ABM log its not under home/root/logs as that folder is empty, but i can see the log text on the show log option on abm.

PXL_20230209_132912966.jpgPXL_20230209_132915419.jpg

I can replicate your issue when some sections are hidden. I have started a thread on another forum where the development of the plugin is generally done.

Attachments

• all ent.jpg
    all ent.jpg
    461.4 KB · Views: 15
Back