belkin router woes

mj82

hi all, i have just installed a cable box so have moved my wireless router down stairs this is connected via a eternet port to router, i have a laptop and a couple of phones connected to the wifi network before moving router and the still work great, the problem is i brought a usb wirless dongle for the main pc and installed it fine it picks up every other network in the area apart from mine, i tried copying the network setting to usb fromthe laptop it installs them all but still wont connect, i know the network is ok as everything else still works. So i am desperate for any solutions i am well and truley stumpt :dunno:

hi all, i have just installed a cable box so have moved my wireless router down stairs this is connected via a eternet port to router, i have a laptop and a couple of phones connected to the wifi network before moving router and the still work great, the problem is i brought a usb wirless dongle for the main pc and installed it fine it picks up every other network in the area apart from mine, i tried copying the network setting to usb fromthe laptop it installs them all but still wont connect, i know the network is ok as everything else still works. So i am desperate for any solutions i am well and truley stumpt :dunno:

USB dongle are ideally not good, had similar problems like yours, buy a PCI card and you should be fine. axxo should be able to help you if there is a solution to the USB Dongle

I dont have a box but i have 2 belkin wireless USB adapters in other pcs in my house and they work fine, just installed them and it auto picked up our network - i just had to put the SSID and password in
What usb dongle have you got and what size. ours are 300 mbps belkin share also depends maybe on what OS your using and what size/range router you have

* Best used with a Belkin SHARE (wireless standards n) network router.
* Compatible with Windows XP onwards.
* Transfer speed up to 300Mbps.
* Wireless range up to 365m.
* WEP and WPA/WPA2 wireless security.Belkin F7D2101edSH SHARE N300 Wireless USB Adapter.
Excluded from the Argos 30 day money back guarantee. 925/4785
from agros

Is it windows xp your using?
I find xp quiet annoying sometimes to be honest when setting up wireless of any kind.
Make sure its fully updated with windows update for a start.
You can also use inssider to scan for the networks in the area to see what encryptions its picking up and also what channels your neighbours are using.
Did the dongle come with software and a gui to use for scanning for networks?
As Hiteck said you may need to change the encryption, it could be set to WEP where you could be using WPA2.

Back