Best Bluetooth device for car

channelking

Any ideas what the best current Bluetooth device is to use in cars.

Need something for my dad to be able to make calls and speak from such a device when driving.

Have researched and found a few but there sound quality generally isn't great.

I have a Jabra Freeway that is really clear both ways but unfortunately unless your dad can do a good American accent he will have to press the button to answer a call

Jabra Freeway

The battery lasts for ages between charges as you can leave it switched on and it goes into standby if the paired phone is out of range and automatically comes on again when it is in range.
It lasts for 12 hours in use but I used to unclip mine from the visor and charge it in my house about once every couple of weeks

I have a Jabra Freeway that is really clear both ways but unfortunately unless your dad can do a good American accent he will have to press the button to answer a call

Jabra Freeway

The battery lasts for ages between charges as you can leave it switched on and it goes into standby if the paired phone is out of range and automatically comes on again when it is in range.
It lasts for 12 hours in use but I used to unclip mine from the visor and charge it in my house about once every couple of weeks

Ye came across this one recently.

Shame the automatic option of call answering is iffy.

So sound quality for calling you would say is very good? Have read some mixed reviews regarding that.

I recently bought a new DAB radio with Bluetooth for my old car and I have made and answered a few calls with it to and from my niece but she says it isn't as clear as my Jabra was so I am going to go back to using that. Both were equally clear at my end but the transmission from me was poorer than with the radio.

I recently bought a new DAB radio with Bluetooth for my old car and I have made and answered a few calls with it to and from my niece but she says it isn't as clear as my Jabra was so I am going to go back to using that. Both were equally clear at my end but the transmission from me was poorer than with the radio.

Is the jabra possible to use with playing youtube over Bluetooth with it or just for calls?

I have only used it for making and receiving calls but because I do not do a good American accent when I have given it a voice command it sometimes played FM radio .

I haven't heard it being used for anything else.

I have just taken it out of it's box and tested it and even though I have not used it for several months, after saying "Battery" about 4 times in my best American accent it said that there was 9 hours 25 minutes of talk time left.

It does stream the audio from a YouTube music video but at a slightly lower volume than on my iPhone 7, but the tone is much better.

I have just taken it out of it's box and tested it and even though I have not used it for several months, after saying "Battery" about 4 times in my best American accent it said that there was 9 hours 25 minutes of talk time left.

It does stream the audio from a YouTube music video but at a slightly lower volume than on my iPhone 7, but the tone is much better.

May look into jabra now as looked into others but they seem more prone to issues with sound.

Thank you for your help btw.

Back