Best Device for Kodi?

marx1

Hi
I'm currently using the firestick for Kodi at the moment and was thinking of getting another device for the Tv in our bedroom, I quite like the look of fire Tv box, but it's a big price hike,and there are so many other android boxes on the market its hard to no what to choose from. I also use a Zgemma H2s as my main tv source.
Has anyone got any recommendations?

Thanks..

ZGemma Kodi streaming

Hi
I'm currently using the firestick for Kodi at the moment and was thinking of getting another device for the Tv in our bedroom, I quite like the look of fire Tv box, but it's a big price hike,and there are so many other android boxes on the market its hard to no what to choose from. I also use a Zgemma H2s as my main tv source.
Has anyone got any recommendations?

Thanks..

I've been doing similar stuff myself,

I use a ZGemma H2S and on older Star 2S.

The H2S is faster i'm told and certainly appears to be so - I can stream to two Kodi sources (Krypton Beta5) on my Fire Sticks and it seems pretty good (if I tried a 3rd it all starts stuttering badly)

It appears that network bottle necks cause as much issue as processor power - The FireSticks get upto 300mbs connections on my wifi and the hard wired ZGemmas are 100mbs - however if you use USB wifi adapters presumably you can up the speed to a potential 150 or 300mbs etc?

The question is what is the throughput being used between the ZGemmas and the Android devices? something i'm trying to establish?

However what does seem clear to me is that the FireSticks are ace for what they are and they have so far exceeded the performance of other Android TV boxes that I've tried I bought an Octacore EMISH box to compare and i'm sending it back and getting another Firestick because they are so good.

Slightly off topic - I read on here that Dreamdroid does the same sort of thing for mobile platform, so I put it on my Android phone and I couldn't be more impressed - it's absolutely brilliant, actually sets the standard for what I hope Kodi/ZGemma Streaming will evolve into.

So between what ZGemma streaming to Kodi., and Dreamdroid give you, you pretty much get what Sky Q boasts (if not more) for sod all.

Can't wait to see how ZGemma streaming and Kodi pans out (if fully developed).

pieces of strings and the length therof !

I find an android box 3gb/16gb (though 32gb would be better) alongside the h2s works adequately for me, as has been pointed out its your internet speed which also causes 'lags' not necessarily the device. I'm at the end of a long bt telephone wire run, down a country lane, so you can imagine my frustrations, but it actually works quite well!

I use kodi on 3 different devices. Zgemma s2 is fairly slow but works ok for most apps. I have a sony android tv which works great with kodi which surprised me because I heard so much about how bad sony android tv is. I also have kodi on an Alienware pc which is the fastest version but not much difference between it and the sony tv.

Back