Cable Best Zgemma box for IPTV and general use?

Tech_Girl

Hi all,
I may have been misled by my IPTV providers in the past. A few years ago, a guy told me I 'needed' a Zgemma Star H2 box and he would provide a line for it. That was fine until he vanished a few months later.
More recently, someone else told me 'Nah, the H2 is useless, you need to buy this H9s off me and I'll provide a line for you'.
So I did.
It kind of, sort of works. Channels often freeze and it wont record for more than a few minutes before stopping, even though all the indicators say the recording is in progress, but it isn't.

So now I've been told that the H9s isn't very reliable and not suited to IPTV anyway.
I now have two boxes that don't really do what they are supposed to do, so my question is simply this: What is the best box for watching IPTV streams without the channel freezing? What is the best box for reliable recording of IPTV channels?
I've read that one of the Zgemma H7 models might be better (although I don't know specifically which one), and I'm happy to buy ONE more box before moving the other two on elsewhere.
Should I be looking at something other that Zgemma; I believe there are other makes out there, but I only know Zgemma?

Someone please tell me which box I should get.

Possibly H7s which has 2 sat tuners and 1 freeview as handy if you have 28.2 and add an aeriel on roof so at least something is free.
Bad suppliers of lines might be giving you freezing issues and hopefully you are wired up by lan cable.
Hold off for the moment as others have iptv working on H2

your H9s should handle IPTV just fine, depending on number of channels/VOD the H2 may struggle.

If you want to record IPTV then you probably need a 'multiroom' sub to allow two connections, if your sub is for just one connection then you wont be able to record one iptv feed while watching another, but you should get a catchup service with IPTV these days so recording may not be necessary

Personally if I was getting something new just for IPTV then I would go for a firestick rather than an enigma2 box. Use your h9s for freesat and then firestick for IPTV

your H9s should handle IPTV just fine, depending on number of channels/VOD the H2 may struggle.

If you want to record IPTV then you probably need a 'multiroom' sub to allow two connections, if your sub is for just one connection then you wont be able to record one iptv feed while watching another, but you should get a catchup service with IPTV these days so recording may not be necessary

Personally if I was getting something new just for IPTV then I would go for a firestick rather than an enigma2 box. Use your h9s for freesat and then firestick for IPTV
When I was fiddling with it at the weekend, I was able to record 2 channels at the same time while watching a 3rd. I didn't think that was possible, but it happened.
Just didn't record for more than about 10 minutes before stopping.

When I was fiddling with it at the weekend, I was able to record 2 channels at the same time while watching a 3rd. I didn't think that was possible, but it happened.
Just didn't record for more than about 10 minutes before stopping.
Are you recording satellite or IPTV? sattelite you can in some circumstances. ie if the channels are on the same transponder.

do you have sat dish connected at all? if so try recording an IPTV channels and watch a sat channel so there is just one iptv connection and see if that records the whole thing. IPTV recording can be hit and miss at the best of times.

do you have sat dish connected at all? if so try recording an IPTV channels and watch a sat channel so there is just one iptv connection and see if that records the whole thing. IPTV recording can be hit and miss at the best of times.
There is a sat dish up there on the roof, and a twin core cable lying on the floor inside. It was installed 6 years ago when I was a stupid Sky customer.
What you suggest sounds feasible, but I have no idea how to set the box up to get any satellite channels. The H9s has 2 compatible sockets on the back labelled 'LNB in' and 'Loop out'. So what would I do with those?

connect one of the cables from dish to lnb in. you will then need to set tuners up and run a scan

connect one of the cables from dish to lnb in. you will then need to set tuners up and run a scan
Set the tuners up?
You do realise you're talking to a complete dunce, don't you?
OK, I'm happy to try that, but I've looked at the settings before and I don't understand them. There's something called Desq or something like that, and some other strange words in the settings.
Any clues?

First off we/i need to know if you have an image suitabke for sat reception on the box, can you go menu, look for an entry like about, information, if that does not appear go setup and see. A box with in and loop out means you only need one cable but as it is one tuner you can only record one channel and maybe watch a few others. Hvae a go and see how you get on. By the way when a person vanaishes it does not mean box is no good.

I will always say if you have sat use it as a bonus for freesat.If box is on an old image it might need to be updated to a later image and starting fresh.

If solely for iptv and nothing else buy a dedicated for box for iptv which maybe better for you a formula z8 is a brilliant box add an usb or xternal hdd for recording and use the mytvonline app or as grog has mentioned a firestick but setting a firestick up for recording is a pain but every provider should/will offer 7 day catchup or
Put tv areal in back of TV and use freeview

Back