Bitrates

p4nds

Morning all!

I see a lot on here about it being more important to seek a high bitrate than anything else. But that got me curious.. what is considered a high bitrate?

For example, my current provider gives around 20000kbps on SS Main UHD and around 8000/10000 on SS Main according to the info section on MOL3. What should i really be looking for?

Im also new in the IPTV "Streaming" world and would also appreciate some Informations about the Bitrate of the Channels.

The basic thing that i learned in this days is that for example a FHD Channel with 50/60 Fps is always prefered to a UHD or 4k Channel with low fps.
I hope im right... :)

Ideally for FHD channels you want a resolution of 1080p at 50fps 60fps depending on if you are viewing European or US tv.
4k and UHD channels you want a resolution of 2160p at 50fps 60fps. Obviously the higher the bitrate the better but was is ideal is something I can’t give you answer to.
You would have to find out for yourself by trialling different suppliers and finding the one that gives the highest bitrate.

Ideally for FHD channels you want a resolution of 1080p at 50fps 60fps depending on if you are viewing European or US tv.
4k and UHD channels you want a resolution of 2160p at 50fps 60fps. Obviously the higher the bitrate the better but was is ideal is something I can’t give you answer to.
You would have to find out for yourself by trialling different suppliers and finding the one that gives the highest bitrate.
Thanks for the information.
If I have understood this correctly, the higher the bit rate, the better the picture quality.
What factors are decisive for the buffering of a channel?
Apart from the Internet of course, are there things that can be taken into account or influenced?

Thanks for the information.
If I have understood this correctly, the higher the bit rate, the better the picture quality.
What factors are decisive for the buffering of a channel?
Apart from the Internet of course, are there things that can be taken into account or influenced?
Bitrate is speed and file size and resolution is a pixel measurement.
They go hand in hand to create a good picture.
Higher FPS helps with fast motion like with sport and that’s why they use higher FPS 50hz 60hz .
As for buffering the main reasons.
Slow or overloaded network.
Poorly configured network or equipment.

Although you are only really worried about bitrate for sports.

So if you have 50fps streams uk and use 4k upscailing hay presto 4k. That's why I say don't get obsessed about 4k streams. You won't notice a significant difference

Although you are only really worried about bitrate for sports.

So if you have 50fps streams uk and use 4k upscailing hay presto 4k. That's why I say don't get obsessed about 4k streams. You won't notice a significant difference
Thank You!
Is there any chance u see in the Information of the Channel if its native 4k or 4k upscaling?
Only interested in the infromation.
Watching football im totaly fine with a good FHD Stream.

Thank You!
Is there any chance u see in the Information of the Channel if its native 4k or 4k upscaling?
Only interested in the infromation.
Watching football im totaly fine with a good FHD Stream.
If you are watching a 1080p resolution channel and your tv has upscaling it will upscale the image to 4k but it won’t make it a native 4k image.
If you have hardware monitoring on your device you could check the resolution and FPS but mine doesn’t tell me the image has been upscaled.

Also the higher the bitrate the better the upscaling will be.
Sony TVS have the best upscaling capabilities according to TV industry experts.

If you are watching a 1080p resolution channel and your tv has upscaling it will upscale the image to 4k but it won’t make it a native 4k image.
If you have hardware monitoring on your device you could check the resolution and FPS but mine doesn’t tell me the image has been upscaled.

Also the higher the bitrate the better the upscaling will be.
Sony TVS have the best upscaling capabilities according to TV industry experts.
Ok i understand.
The Information that my player gives me about my current channel as example 2160p 50 fps.
Can it be 4k upscaling or if the information of the channel matches the 4k "2160p" it should be native 4k.

Or will the Player always give as example 1080p as Resolution but it then is upscaled in 4k.

I hope i wrote it understandable...

Ok i understand.
The Information that my player gives me about my current channel as example 2160p 50 fps.
Can it be 4k upscaling or if the information of the channel matches the 4k "2160p" it should be native 4k.

Or will the Player always give as example 1080p as Resolution but it then is upscaled in 4k.

I hope i wrote it understandable...
The device receives the image let’s say 1080p and reports that and then the image is fed to the tv and the tv upscales the image.
I just think the device reports the image it’s receiving and not what the tv is doing with the image.

A lot of this is subjective until you can actually see the difference for yourself. My advice - take some trials from suppliers and then check the quality. As others have stated 1080p @ 50Hz will give you a good quality picture. 1080p @ 25Hz is fine for most, but looks worse on sport. Depending on what app you use there are ways to see the resolution (size) and refresh rate (Hertz) of the stream.

Treat 4K UHD as a luxury. The picture quality is often compressed and won't be as sharp as genuine Sky, but still looks very good.

Rule of thumb your device won't detect if you are upscailing. But you can detect your fps.

I use my sheild to upscale just easier with 50fps feeds and can tell no difference. Between native 4k.

okidoki but in my case - Formuler z11 pro max with a LG TV.
If upscaling happens , the upscaling does the LG right?
So the channel information that i have on my Player of the Formuler is the Resolution etc. that he receives the Picturequality from the Streaming provider.

Only about 1 Week in this iptv thing, but i find it so interesting

So the channel information that i have on my Player of the Formuler is the Resolution etc. that he receives the Picturequality from the Streaming provider.

Yes it will show res as original stream but you will notice a improvement in Pick quality

Also you will know if you are watching an UHD channel as your TV will switch colour mode and if it doesn’t then it may be a channel at 2160p resolution with no HDR(HLG).
This does occur for me sometimes on UHD channels and they still look good but they do not have high dynamic range.
Most of my viewing is on 1080p 50hz 60hz channels and I am happy with those

Last edited:
This is all top information. Have to admit I do enjoy the UHD sports channels. The quality is excellent especially in HDR. I’m due a new tv this weekend which has 4K upscaling so I’m excited to see what it’s capable of.

This is all top information. Have to admit I do enjoy the UHD sports channels. The quality is excellent especially in HDR. I’m due a new tv this weekend which has 4K upscaling so I’m excited to see what it’s capable of.
Not as good as satellite 4k 😄

Not as good as satellite 4k 😄
Of course not. IPTV really has blown me away though since getting the bug. Some of the quality of channels you can get nowadays is unreal. Never seen sat 4k so can’t comment but I’m sure I’ll get the chance one day

Back