Blacklisted or Registered 4k Firestick

DavePerry

I think I have a blacklisted or already registered 4k firestick and cannot boot it up, it fails on the auto update screen. I have spoken to Amazon online help and they say it is registered to someone else and must be deregistered first however I cannot get as far as the settings or login screen anyway so at this moment in time it doesn't know who I am. I'm assured it was bought legit but am doubting this and they cannot or will not help me anyway and neither will Amazon until it is deregistered and registered to my account. Is there any way of getting round this issue or wiping it so I can logn with my account to be able to use it.
Thanks in advance
Dave

To be honest I've got two both doing exactly the same and both were in sealed boxes. A friend of a friend who's wife supposedly works at Amazon distribution warehouse and gets them cheap (I know). I had a third that worked perfectly but these two Amazon have had the S/No.s and tell me they are both registered and will not help me further until they are deregistered. I've relayed that back to where they came from and they tell me Amazon say they aren't registered.

To be honest I've got two both doing exactly the same and both were in sealed boxes. A friend of a friend who's wife supposedly works at Amazon distribution warehouse and gets them cheap (I know). I had a third that worked perfectly but these two Amazon have had the S/No.s and tell me they are both registered and will not help me further until they are deregistered. I've relayed that back to where they came from and they tell me Amazon say they aren't registered.
Have you had a search on Web see if there is any pointers you can try sounds as tho they've been nicked and flagged but if was completely sealed in original packaging then can't be registered

I think the only way they come registered to an account is if the person who buys them has bought them direct from amazon using their own personal account. But yeah if the Firestick will not boot up how are you ment to de-register it?

Are you using power supply from TV usb or electrical socket
I think the only way they come registered to an account is if the person who buys them has bougjt them direct from amazon using their own personal account. But yeah if the Firestick will not boot up how are you ment to de-register it?
Maybe not enough power going to the firestick even if the person who sold them to him has them registered to them they can remove from their account online lol

Are you using power supply from TV usb or electrical socket

Maybe not enough power going to the firestick even if the person who sold them to him has them registered to them they can remove from their account online lol
Yes the original purchaser can deregister them online but unless @DavePerry can get the person to do so then he’s still in the same predicament.

Have googled it, seems farly common but cannot find any solution, I've tried different power leads and on different Networks. The person it came from claims they are not registered to him and his wife has spoken to Amazon and they are not registered to anyone else but that is not what Amazon help told me. At this point I'm assuming I'm being told a pack of lies and thet have come from a dodgy source so rather than lose money on them looking for a workaround.

I'm assuming the serial no.s have been blacklisted rather than a registration problem because I haven't got far enough yet for registration details so they can't yet know whether I am the registered owner or not.

I think the only way they come registered to an account is if the person who buys them has bought them direct from amazon using their own personal account. But yeah if the Firestick will not boot up how are you ment to de-register it?
I would say this what has happened bought direct from amazon and as the author of this post suggested they have being reported stolen and blacklisted (I'll give you a fiver for the 2 remotes) lol

I would say this what has happened bought direct from amazon and as the author of this post suggested they have being reported stolen and blacklisted (I'll give you a fiver for the 2 remotes) lol

I haven't given up hope yet, I'm sure there will be someone somewhere that know how to wipe whats on there and install something custom, I only want to be able to play IPTV, but don't go far if all else fails I might take the fiver :laughing:

There is away to force factory reset, but unsure how far your stick is powered too
Press Right plus and go back buttons on remote for 10 seconds together!

Yeah could well be and sounds about right.
Usually when an offer sounds to good to be true it usually backfires one way or another and if you cannot access the menu to unregister it then im afraid it may as well be a doorstop

I would try and speak to someone at amazon rather than just use the online chant help service. Alternatively is it possible to rerun the Firesticks to the person you bought them from?

I've tried the factory reset, process on reboot is select country, pair remote, connect to wifi then fails on auto update no choices to do anything else. It's powered from a plug socket, tried it at home and work to rule out any network issues. Not having any joy in getting them to take them back which makes me suspicious and reluctant to speak personally to Amazon for that reason.

I've tried the factory reset, process on reboot is select country, pair remote, connect to wifi then fails on auto update no choices to do anything else. It's powered from a plug socket, tried it at home and work to rule out any network issues. Not having any joy in getting them to take them back which makes me suspicious and reluctant to speak personally to Amazon for that reason.
Unfortunately I think you’ve been had mate. Try this method to bypass the auto update.

**If you connect to the stick via the Amazon remote app on a phone/tablet as soon as you have connected to your wifi network, you can use it to skip forward past the update screen into the settings screen. From there deregister the stick then re-register it in your own name.

Unfortunately I think you’ve been had mate. Try this method to bypass the auto update.

**If you connect to the stick via the Amazon remote app on a phone/tablet as soon as you have connected to your wifi network, you can use it to skip forward past the update screen into the settings screen. From there deregister the stick then re-register it in your own name.
Thanks but that soesn't work either, I think even if it did you'd have to login first to be able to deregister

I had one a while back and i got rid of it before i could try this.
Tutorial (READ ME FIRST!)
there was a scam where people reported there firesticks lost in the post even though they had it delivered,then amazon would just send a new one out,but that first one becomes blacklisted.

this link might be better
Blacklisted FireTVstick Tutorial and Tools - Google Drive
Thanks, I did find this one this morning so haven't tried it yet it says you need an android phone which I don't have but think i have an old tablet to try it with. When I've tried similar with my iPhone it won't let me into settings.

Back