Blocked Streams By Vodafone ISP?

dillon07

Hi all. Just looking for the experience of others. We have been running wooshbuild on Zgemma 2s for the last 18 months, accessing the IPTV plug-in with no stream issues other than glitchy when 4 tablets, a laptop and 3 games consoles are in full flow (hence the switch from BB to faster fibre).
Today we have switched ISP from Sky to Vodafone and now we can only access the IPTV streams that are available to standard subscriptions (Iplayer, 4OD etc.). Is there anyway around this? Searches so far give advice for sky, EE, Talk-Talk etc., but nothing for vodafone!

I currently use Vodafone broadband and have no issue accessing any iptv streams. Vodafone aren't included in any big six regulations such as EPL blocking

All uk providers are subject to the court order

2389__500x550_piracy_uk_illegal_internet_download.jpg

The English Premier League has won a new High Court Order in London this week that will require broadband ISPs in the United Kingdom to block servers that are hosting “illegal streams” of its football matches, specifically those involving the entire 2017/18 Premier League season.

An existing blocking order for this already exists, although it only applied for the final two months of the 2016/17 season and the new order is effectively an extension of that approach for the new season. The EPL claims that the original order was “highly effective” and succeeded in limiting access to 5,000 servers (IP addresses), which disrupted live streams on various copyright infringing websites and modified Kodi boxes etc.

I was aware it was the big 6 only. Although most articles don't detail this. I never had any disruption or requirement for a vpn whilst using Vodafone broadband. I can only go from my own experience which has been positive.

I was aware it was the big 6 only. Although most articles don't detail this. I never had any disruption or requirement for a vpn whilst using Vodafone broadband. I can only go from my own experience which has been positive.
That could mean you have a good supplier with safe systems in place

With regards Vodafone setup, you need to log onto router and disable firewall and log onto your online Vodafone account and disable all content controls

@dillon07 ,, apart from my post above, once you get it sorted also turn OFF remote router updates in your router interface page and save the setting etc on your router so that your ISP can't update your router, should be an option there, well mines has anyway and that stops them being able to update the firmware or tweak the router etc, so do that for sure, yeah, defo do that man.

Back