bloody phone shop!!!

Linny40

TK LADY VETERAN
having probs with my nokia E71 so took it to a place to update the software.

have no idea what hes done but now lost everything - it took over an hr for him to do - but i was told it should take 10 mins or so to update it. I now cant access anything on my sim card - all my numbers etc and now my memory card wont work saying it needs decryptin and reformatting so ive lost everything music photos, number calendar entrys text etc etc

NOT A HAPPY BUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!

how can it loose stuff on my sim card - why does nothing on my sim card now work???????????????

technology is a marvellous thing linny, in the hands of the right person. these "experts", by and large, are just ordinary Joes and pretend that they can fix whatever you want. as for sim cards, they are notoriously dodgy, so the thing is( and i know it is too late now) always back-up to the computer. GGGGGGRRRRRRRRrrr

cheers wheelo, last time in sync'd my phone was back in december - that will teach me lol!
Well things have got worse i now have NO 3g or no connection. Went to 3 shop today only to be told there is nothing they can do but send it away. They have no idea why for some reason the guy set it back to pre bought settings - when he should have just updated it. But now it says no connection - even when i try to connect it via my home network. Its like the modem ( or what ever is inside the damn phone) has stopped working.
I can make/receive calls and texts but thats it no email, no internet what so ever.

Plus it would not read my memory card - so what ever was on it has been lost. I tried to put memory card in pc but it must have been a different format as it could not read it and said it was corrupt. So had to reformat the memory card. So lost everything that was on that 2.
Annoying thing is now i cant upgrade til sept/oct.
But going to see my nephew when he is back at work on tuesday - hopefully he can sort summit out lol even if its to loan me one of his phones. 3 will loan me one but well suppose you gotta have what ever they got and you gotta pay a deposit. No point in having family working there if i cant get some sort of benefit lol!

that is the only bright spot linny, nothing like a bit of nepotism, makes having family seem like less of a pain LOL

Back