Body of child discovered in Co Cork house

Gman496

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gardaí are treating the death of a young boy at his home in Charleville, Co Cork, as a "tragic incident".

000657d3-314.jpg

The body of eight-year-old Anthony Ward was found at Harrison Place after gardaí were called to the scene just before 9.30am.

The house was cordoned off and the State Pathologist's office was notified.

The boy's mother, Diane Ward, was taken to hospital in a distressed state.

Well the police claim he didn't die of natural causes and the mother was found in a very distressed state and taken to hospital for treatment. I always feel that when the police use the phrase "Distressed state" it's almost a code word for something else altogether. Whatever happened it's tragic.

Sorry Gman, I just re-read the article, and realised I mis read "tragic incident" as "tragic accident", have to agree with you, it sounds very suspicious

A post mortem examination is to be carried out on the body of eight-year-old Anthony Ward, who was found dead at his home in Co Cork yesterday.

The HSE said it will conduct a review of its involvement with the family.

The child is believed to have died on Sunday night and gardaí said they were treating his death as a tragic incident.

His mother was taken to hospital after gardaí were called to the house at Harrison Place in Charleville yesterday morning.

I seen it in the paper today said the mother suffocated her son...
F**kin tragic news...

R.I.P Young Fella...

Last edited:
Woman due in court over boy's death in Cork

Woman due in court over boy's death in Cork

A 43-year-old woman is due before a special sitting of the district court in Limerick city charged with the murder of an eight-year-old boy.

000657d5-314.jpg

Anthony Ward's body was discovered on Monday morning at his home in Charleville, Co Cork.

His removal takes place tonight from Hawe's Funeral Home in Charleville, to Holy Cross Church.

A Mass of the Angels will take place tomorrow at 2.30pm. He is to be buried afterwards in Holy Cross Cemetery.

R.I.P. little Anthony

Back